Dog Gone Seattle is a Washington based non-profit organization dedicated to saving homless dogs in high kill shelters in Washington and beyond through rescue, foster, and adoption. We are a foster-based organization, and our rescue is 100% funded through adoption fees and donations. We believe every dog deserves a chance at a forever home, and we aim to make a difference in the lives of these deserving animals, one dog at a time!
Our motto is Rescue, Respect, Repeat.
How we RESCUE: We save dogs from high kill shelters in Washington and beyond. Many of our dogs come from California and Texas, where very adoptable dogs are given just days in overcrowded shelters before being euthanized. We bring them to safety and place them in a loving foster home.
(1) Complete an adoption application at www.doggoneseattle.org/adoption-application
(2) A case manager will follow up with you typically within 72 hours to let you know if you are a good fit. If you do not hear back within 72 hours, you may follow up by email to email@example.com
(3) Virtual meet and greet via Facetime or Zoom with foster family (*Additional Covid protocol)
(4) In person meet and greet with foster family and dog
(5) Home visit completed (if required)
(6) DGS completes reference checks
(7) Review vet records, sign adoption contract, pay adoption fee
(8) Welcome home your new family member
NOTE: There is no guarantee of adoption at any step in the process. We are a match making organization. We do not adopt first come first serve. Our priority is finding the right home for the dogs in our rescue.
Once your adoption application is on file, you may use it for consideration of any adoptable dog in the rescue. A new application does not need to be completed.
To meet an animal in our rescue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visits are available by appointment.