The fire started in a fuse box and then spread throughout the shelter. Fortunately, the staff smelled the smoke from their offices and called the fire department, who extinguished the fire. The staff and firefighters were able to get all the animals safely out of the shelter. The pets are now temporarily housed in the shelter’s small office in a separate building.
Newton County Animal Control will use the grant money to replace things
that were damaged during the fire, such as the shelter’s washer and
dryer. It also will use the money to add on to its shelter building so
it can move its office into the same space.
A huge thanks to our partners at Merial, who provide funding to the
Petfinder.com Foundation through their Paws to Save
Do you live in or around Morocco, IN? Check out Newton County Animal
wish list and help spread the word.
You might also like: