This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Ren Rabbit English Spot Mix Gaithersburg, MD
- Brown / Chocolate, White
- Coat length
- Spayed / neutered.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
He absolutely loves eating hay and drinking water and he is crazy about mixed greens and all types of bunny treats! He has great litter box habits as well.
Ren would be an amazing addition to any new home, especially where he gets the space to run around and explore, and he could be a wonderful new friend to your own bunny too.
If you are looking to welcome a very happy rabbit as your new family member, Ren is your guy!
If you are interested in adopting Ren, please fill out the application at friendsofrabbits.org/adoptionform and someone will call or email you to schedule an interview. His adoption fee is $90 plus a mandatory $50 RHD vaccine fee per rabbit.
Ren is in a foster home in Gaithersburg, MD.
INDOOR HOMES ONLY!
ABOUT FRIENDS OF RABBITS
Friends of Rabbits is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal rescue operating in the greater DC-metro area. We take rabbits at risk of euthanasia from shelters in Maryland, DC and Virginia. We also rescue abandoned and neglected rabbits and assist with large confiscation cases. We provide foster homes and veterinary care for our rabbits, have them spayed/neutered and find them new forever homes through our adoption programs.
Please note: We are not licensed to handle wildlife.
Come Meet Our Pets...
We have adoption events multiple times a month. Events take place at headquarters located in Columbia, MD and once a month in Fairfax, VA. We also have regularly scheduled events in local pet stores throughout the metropolitan region.
Our Adoption Process...
Prior to adoption, we ask that people fill out an application: www.friendsofrabbits.org/adoptionform
1. The adopter must be a responsible adult, which is at least 18 years old. If a family adopts the rabbit, the primary caregiver must be an adult or a responsible older teen. Younger children may do the work necessary to care for the rabbit under the daily supervision of an adult. All adults in the family must agree on adopting the rabbit.
2. We do not adopt our rabbits out as classroom pets. Exceptions would be adoption to the teacher who may bring the rabbit into the classroom on a regular basis.
3. Rabbits are social animals. The adopted rabbit(s) must live indoors in an appropriate size space where they will receive daily interaction with the family. The best possible space would be freedom in a rabbit proofed room. If that is not possible, a dog exercise pen with rabbit safe flooring works well. Other options include a large dog crate or a roomy cage. The best cages are at least 42 to 48 inches long by 24 inches wide. The 24 inch width allows for use of the widest and deepest jumbo litter boxes, which work well for most rabbits. A custom space can also be constructed using shelving material. Caged rabbits need daily exercise time outside the cage.
4. If you are renting your home, please have written consent from your landlord before you adopt.
5. For new adopters, we conduct an interview to make sure that the rabbit will be going to a safe environment.
6. When they are ill, rabbits require a veterinarian that specializes in exotic animals. Be aware that exotic veterinarians can be considerably more expensive than one for your cat or dog. Plan vet visits into your budget accordingly.
7. If you are looking to adopt a companion for your existing rabbit, your rabbit must be spayed or neutered prior to any introductions.
8. The final step to the adoption process is filling out a contract, which is specific to Friends of Rabbits. The cost to adopt a rabbit from us is $90 for a single rabbit and $150 for a pair. The adoption fees include a goodie bag with rabbit care information, necessities, toys and a coupon for discounted rabbit supplies, and cover the cost of the rabbit's spay/neuter. As of January 1, 2022, there is also a mandatory $50 RHD vaccine fee per rabbit.
Friends of Rabbits
Location AddressGaithersburg, MD
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- English Spot