Mighty Miracles Kitten Rescue
Mighty Miracles Kitten Rescue is a 501c3 nonprofit, kitten rescue in Wilson County. Our kittens come to us after being abandoned, sick, and sometimes injured. We are funded solely through donations. Because we are 100% foster based, we do not have a physical shelter for you to come visit. Once an application is approved, most all of our fosters are willing to allow home visits, or I often bring the kittens to my home and allow visits there. We function solely through social media, so you can best keep up with our kitten's development and availability by following our Facebook and Instagram pages. We do not send individual updates to potential adopters. You can scroll through posts to stay in touch with the kittens you may be interested in.
Mighty Miracles Adoption Process:
• 1. Everyone is required to submit an adoption application. It is located on here on Petfinder, as well as our Facebook page. Please do not apply on a whim! Out of consideration for the time and energy of our small adoptions team, we ask that you apply only when certain that you are ready and able to adopt. We highly encourage adopting kittens in pairs and in most cases, won’t do single adoptions if there are no other pets in your home. Our highest return rate of kittens are those that are adopted with no other animal companions in the home. They adjust more easily and keep each other company when you’re away.
• Fill out the form thoroughly. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
• Must be 21+ to apply.
• Be sure to include both names and numbers for all references.
2. Veterinary and personal references will be checked.
3. Once we’ve gone over your application and checked your references, we will schedule a time for you to come meet the kitten you are interested in adopting, along with myself Stephanie Bost and the foster parents. Sometimes we will ask to come visit your home as well.
4. Once a decision is made, you will be required to sign our adoption agreement. The fee for adoption is $125. This includes: testing for feline aids/ feline leukemia, treatment for all parasites or other intestinal illnesses, ALL vaccines (3 sets of the FVRCP vaccine, 1 feline leukemia vaccine and a rabies vaccine), spay/neuter and lastly, microchipping. Adoptions of multiple kittens are discounted to $200 for 2 kittens and $275 for 3 kittens.
5. We ask that you remain in touch with us after the adoption, providing updates and photos of your babies. After all, most times we have raised them from birth, and they are literally like our own children!!
Because we provide all of the above medical care, our kittens are not eligible for adoption until they reach 12 weeks or 3 pounds. That is the earliest they can be spayed or neutered, and we DO NOT adopt our kittens out unaltered. We accept applications as they come in and make our decisions based on who we feel is the best match and can provide the best home for our kitten. Again, in some cases, adopting two kittens may be required. This helps your baby have a companion when you are away at work, and they are actually better behaved when they have a friend!
Please note that due to the high volume of inquiries about each kitten, you may not receive a response. We encourage you to also check out the adoptable cats and kittens at your local animal shelter.
I hope this answers most of your questions. I’m sure I’ve forgotten something, so please feel free to reach out to us in a private message. Thanks!!