This is a carousel of images and or videos of this pet. Press the S key to skip past this carousel. Use the arrow keys to navigate between the different images and videos. Press the F key to activate a fullscreen carousel.
- Pit Bull Terrier Mix
- Pit Bull Terrier Mix
- Eagle, ID
- Brindle , White / Cream
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, children.
- Prefers a home without
- Other animals. has not been tested with any other animals.
At a very young age Duncan was found in an abandoned apartment, all alone. His family had moved, and just left him behind. Duncan was then put on the euthanasia list at the shelter that took him in. Luckily for Duncan, he was pulled by a local rescue who transferred him to BBBR.
What the rescue quickly found out is that he is sweet, loveable, and full of goofy puppy energy. This is the information that they shared: He would love a family with a backyard for him to run in and for his humans to take him on outdoor adventures. He enjoys fetch, and going on walks, but what he loves the most are cuddles and love from his humans. He does know a few basic commands, and is house and crate trained. His humans should be prepared to continue to work with Duncan to provide him with boundaries while he continues to grow and mature.
The foster mom who prepared him for his travels to Idaho (BBBR) reports that he is a smart dog, full of energy. He loves long walks, fetch, his Kong with peanut butter, and giving lots of kisses! He's young and still needs guidance but he learns quickly--especially when treats are involved!. He is a wonderful soul and I was sad to see him go but excited for him to find his furever home.”
Duncan is a goofball puppy full of love, wiggles, and sniffs. He has a lot of energy, but really wants to please. Most of all, he wants a family of his own with a yard he can play in with lots of water bottles and toys to play with.
Dog-Trainer Lou at Good CitiZen says that he does well in doggy play groups, but is leash-reactive when seeing dogs on walks. He is currently in boarding with Good CitiZen Dog Training, but would thrive in an easy-paced, quiet foster home environment following the direction from Lou to work on listening and not jumping.
Below is a summary of what dedicated volunteers have learned about Duncan during outings and overnight stays:
* Great temperament who loves his humans and loves to give kisses
* Loves to be close and snuggle
* Wants to meet everyone that walks by
* Happy car rider; Never tires on walks and prefers the right side instead of the left
* Fascination with water, ice and any container holding this precious commodity
* Love Cheeseburgers
* Will need a strong walked that will remind him of his leash manners, using treats as motivation
* Would like to be held as often as possible and told that he is a good boy
* Treat-motivated and uses his manners when prompted to do so. We have been using the ‘look at me’ command on walks.
* Likes to play fetch.
* Likes to exercise his chewing for long stings, so will need a constant supply of appropriate, bully-proof chew toys.
* Crate-trained, House-trained
For more information on foster or adoption please refer to: www.boisebullybreedrescue.com POLICY SECTION and fill out and submit the BBBR Foster or Pre-Adopt application.
Ask About Duncan
- Pit Bull Terrier
Boise Bully Breed Rescue
Have an account?