This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Hoot - Courtesy Listing American Shorthair Burgaw, NC
- Orange & White
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Prefers a home without
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Meet Hoot - Courtesy Listing
Handsome orange male cat needs a home. Here’s his story: Hoot was a shelter kitten and lived outside
his first few months of life before being caught in a trap and then sent to the shelter. His human mom
adopted him when he was 8 months old. He went from a sad and miserable life to being her little prince
that she spoiled every day. All was wonderful for several years...but then his human mom got sick and
went to Heaven. Losing her has been very hard for him.
Everyone loved his mom and promised her they’d find Hoot a wonderful home. The family loves him,
too. Very much! But he has an issue that keeps him from being adoptable within the family...he doesn’t
like dogs. At all. He is terrified of them!!! Nice dogs, calm dogs, big dogs, little dogs...he will NOT come
out when any of them are around. As luck would have it all but one family member has dogs and the
one who doesn’t have dogs has cat allergies.
So now Hoot is five years old, heading on six. He’s being loved and cared for by the family but as much
as they love him he deserves so much better. He needs to be someone’s little prince again. He doesn’t
need to be worried about scary dogs or someone sneezing in his face.
He’s not perfect (he thinks he is...the family says otherwise) but overall he is a great kitty and would be a
wonderful pet for an adult person or adult couple. Here are the basics:
The good stuff:
• He loves people! He loves being petted and loves being brushed with his slicker brush.
• He is fully vetted & fixed and had annual vet visits; other than being a little chubby (about 16
pounds) he’s had no health issues since his 1st kitten vet visit when he got some basic care after
• He’s litter box trained (has two boxes as he likes to do #1 in one box and #2 in the other)
• He’s an indoor cat but loves to sit where he can see outside and will do that for hours on end
• You can always tell when someone is coming to visit by his body language; he’s a security cat!
• If he’s in a gracious mood he’s been known to give kisses!
The “could be better” stuff (pretty typical for lots of cats):
• No dogs. Probably not best around small kids, either. Honestly not sure about other cats as he’s
always been the only fur baby.
• Likes to play but be careful of your hands. Too much belly rubbing can lead to him thinking your
hands are fun to swat and you could end up with a scratch or two (but he’s not being mean)
• He needs good cat scratch stuff around (he likes the cardboard kind) to keep him from
scratching things he shouldn’t.
Lots more good than bad! He really just wants to be someone’s baby again. The family would like
whoever adopts him to provide a vet reference, please. He will come with all his vet records, two litter
pans, toys, food/water dishes, some food/treats, my carrier, and some cardboard scratchers.
His family has included pictures so you can see what a handsome boy he is. If you think Hoot sounds like
a good fit for you, please call or text 910-470-5725. Be sure to leave a voice mail if you call. Thank you!
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
Hoot - Courtesy Listing
- American Shorthair