Munchie's Place is a privately funded foster based Rescue run by volunteers. Our mission is to give homeless, neglected or special needs pets a chance at another life through rescue, rehabilitating and re-homing. We want to help educate and bring awareness to proper animal care, fostering and the importance of adopting in your community.
Our Adoption Process:
* Contact us under the available pets "petfinder ad" to begin your inquiry.
* Once we've received your inquiry, you'll be asked to fill out a written application.
* You must be 18+ years of age or older to inquire and to fill out our application.
* Our species requirements will be listed in the written application itself at the top. Before filling it out you must meet these requirements listed to qualify for adoption.
* If your application is fully approved, we will go over our meetup arrangements with you. Meetups happen after you're approved and not prior to applying. All animals are in foster homes, we do not have a physical location for viewing the animals.
We service Washington State and Minnesota State residents. Please make sure the animal you're inquiring about today is located within your state. We CANNOT adopt out animals between state lines or transport animals between the WA location and the MN location.
For WA Residence: We service King County with 4 different meetup locations. Maple Valley, Issaquah, Covington and Kent. We have a monthly transport service available to Snohomish, Skagit and Whatcom county residents. We can service some Pierce County residents on a case by case.
For MN Residence: We service Rice County with meetups in local cities.
Attention: We are sorry we do not do rodent adoptions to those living on collage campuses due to the collage campus pet policy and ESA policy in the state of Washington & Minnesota for rodents such as hamsters, gerbils or mice.
Our Holding Policy:
Holds will occur if a person meets our requirements in the written application part of the adoption process. Reminder that multiple people may inquire for the same animal, so whoever is approved first will get to secure a hold. Once they have secured a hold, a time frame will be given to them for the animal they're interested in during the second half of the adoption process. If a person fails to pass the full adoption process within the time frame given, their hold will expire and the next person can secure a hold. We only issue one hold per person and do not make exceptions.
What to do if you're not fully setup for an animal?
* We encourage you to be set up for an animal before inquiring. If you need more time to gather supplies, we ask for you to hold off on submitting your written application till you're nearly ready or fully ready.
What if I'm looking to surrender?
* We recommend to directly contact us if you have an animal you can no longer care for (Email listed below). We only take in Hamsters, Gerbils and Mice at this time. You must fill out our questionnaire first before being approved to surrender. Depending on the time you inquire, we may have a wait list.
* We respond via email Monday - Friday
WA State contact: Munchiesplaceforcats@gmail.com
MN State contact: Munchiesplaceforhomelesspets.firstname.lastname@example.org
TO NOTE: If we do not hear back from you for your inquiry in a timely manner, we will discard your application. Failure to inform us you've moved on will result in an automatic ban of future applications. We don't have time to wait weeks or months for a response to an animal you've inquired for. If you've recently ghosted, you're no longer qualified to adopt from us. Announcing you're no longer interested is needed to close out of your inquiry successfully. This applies to surrender inquires as well. If we don't hear from you about your questionnaire, we will not respond to future surrender inquiries. Same applies to those who've ghosted while on our waitlist. Please inform us you're no longer surrendering to close out of your inquiry successfully.