Russell Rescue of the Carolinas is a network of volunteers dedicated to placing unwanted or abandoned Jack Russell Terriers into permanent homes.
Information: We endeavor to make wise and permanent placements for each terrier. Remember, the more conditions you make (i.e., color, coat type, age, sex and body type), the longer it will take! Please be open-minded to the different qualities that each terrier has to offer.
Important Adoption Points
1. Rescue dogs must have containment (fence, kennel); JRTs are rarely suitable for city living.
2. We do not place terriers in homes where it must remain alone for extended periods of time.
3. We do not place dogs in homes where there are children under six years of age (negotiable for some situations).
4. Few rescue dogs are good with cats.
5. Most terriers in Rescue are young adults; puppies are rarely, if ever, available.
6. Filling out an application does not guarantee adoption. Jack Russell Terriers have special needs. Not all homes are suitable for placement.
7. All applicants are thoroughly screened and must meet certain qualifications before being referred for a terrier.
8. Compatible terriers may not be immediately available; your patience is appreciated.
9. An adoption fee payable to Russell Rescue of the Carolinas, Inc. is required to adopt a terrier. Adoption fee will range from $250 to $300, depending on the age of the dog.
10. Remember, the more conditions you make (i.e., color, coat type, age, sex and body type), the longer it will take to find a suitable terrier to match your environment.
11. By submitting this application, you are making a formal request to adopt a dog from Russell Rescue of the Carolinas, Inc. Please do not fill out this application if you are not serious about working with Russell Rescue of the Carolinas Inc.
12. If a terrier is matched to your application and placed in your home, you must agree to keep the terrier for at least 3 weeks (to allow time for the terrier and you to acclimate with each other).
13. We can only place terriers in homes located in the United States.
14. You must travel to meet the Terrier. We do not ship dogs.