We provide a safe harbor for the animals entrusted to us as we strive to find them responsible, loving and permanent homes while educating the public about humane values.
Current Hours of Operation
Sunday & Monday: CLOSED
Tuesday, Wednesday: APPOINTMENT ONLY
Open to Public:
Thursday & Friday: 11am – 4pm
Saturday: 11am – 3pm
Applications must be submitted prior to adoption and will take 24-48 hours to process and approve.
We do not perform same day adoptions.
Our website is best to view our most updated information on available pets. www.cherrylandhumane.org
TO HELP YOUR ADOPTION JOURNEY:
– You must be 21 to adopt. We accept multiple applications on each animal, it is not on a first come basis. CHS does not guarantee approval upon submission.
– Applications may be denied for any reason.
– We require all members of the household to meet the pet and multiple visits may be requested.
– All current animals in the household must be spayed/neutered and up to date on necessary vaccinations. Pets must live in the same household as the adopter.
– We do not adopt out dogs as solely outdoor pets.
– No animals will be adopted to a residence where pets are not allowed. No animal will be adopted to a group of four (4) or more unrelated adults living in the same household (e.g. student housing).
– CHS staff will not begin adoption procedures with a person who is reasonably believed to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
– No animal will be adopted to an individual who has failed to comply with the conditions of a previous adoption, including but not limited to the spaying or neutering of the pet.
– You must show a valid drivers license or state ID card.
– A vet deposit or training deposit may be required prior to adoption.
Cat Adoption Fee: $100
Dog Adoption Fee: $200
Basic flea/tick/deworming treatment Heartworm test
Post adoption support