Brown Dog Coalition and Rescue Ltd. is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization from Hopkinton, MA dedicated to finding homeless and stray companion animals loving forever homes. In addition to its primary mission of transporting and rehoming dogs, Brown Dog also promotes spay and neuter programs.
1. View our available dogs online and read through our adoption requirements below.
2. Complete the online application on our website. We will respond within 72 hours to confirm receipt. We review applications in the order they are received until we find the best fit. Please only apply when you are ready to potentially adopt.
3. We will email prospective adopters a dog’s three-page behavioral evaluation and more information about the pick up process. At that point, please tell your veterinarian and references that we will be contacting them. Many veterinarian’s will not release information until you call them to give them permission to speak with us.
4. Once an application is approved, the dog’s medical paperwork, adoption contract, and microchip information will be emailed and reviewed the day before adoption via a Zoom meeting. Adoption payment must be made via PayPal or Zelle. For the safety and well-being of our adopters and volunteers, we are not offering in-person meetings prior to adoption.
5. Pick up of a dog starts a 48 hour 100% refund return period. There is also a standard 7 day return period where the adoption fee is refundable minus $75. For an additional $25 fee, our quarantine facility must bathe dogs before they go home as an extra precautionary measure.