Steps to Adoption
1. ADOPTION APPLICATION ~
Submit our completed adoption application which can be found here on our website.
2. PROCESS THE COMPLETED APPLICATION ~
2a. Review the application (please be very thorough and specific with your answers when completing it).
2b. Contact the Landlord if applicable.
2c. Contact the Veterinarian reference (required if you have current pets or pet history).
2d. Contact the 2 personal references.
If we have many applications in at the same time, you may or may not hear back from us right away. We will attempt to select the most viable applicants for the desired dog based first on the application information.
IF THE DOG IS OR POSSIBLY COULD BE a breed widely discriminated by society, you will have to be a homeowner with a securely fenced yard to be considered for their adoption. This includes but may not be limited to: Pit Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinchers, Mastiffs, and Great Danes
3. INTERVIEW ~ Via phone or email.
4. HOME INSPECTION ~ Home inspection requirements or arrangements will be made for one of the following as a minimum:
~ A personal visit by one of our volunteers if you're local to us
~ Emailing us digital photos of your home that include: the main living areas, dogs area if different, yard, and fencing.
~ Arranging a rescue volunteer in your area to perform the home inspection
5. MEET AND GREET ~ Everyone in the home and dogs will be required to attend the meet.
6. THE DECISION ~ In the event of multiple applicants, the best suited applicant and match for the dog will be selected to adopt.
Should any applicant be deemed not favorable for the adoption of any dog for any reason at all, at the discretion of the rescue, the adoption will not take place.
7. ADOPTION ~ If the match proves to be favorable, all requirements of continued care will be discussed, an ADOPTION CONTRACT will be signed and a non refundable ADOPTION FEE (cash or checks only) will be paid. Copies of the dogs records will be provided to the adopter.
8. TAKE YOUR NEW FAMILY MEMBER HOME and have a wonderful life together!!!!
NOTE: If you live a distance away, please be prepared to travel to Kitsap County to meet our rescued dog or puppy.