Our mission is to end unnecessary euthanasia at shelters in the NoVA area by rescuing and rehoming kittens, promoting spaying and neutering, and educating on responsible pet ownership.
* You must be 18 years of age or older to adopt a kitten.
* A current photo ID (driver’s license or state ID card) is required for adoption.
* All cats and kittens are spayed/neutered prior to being adopted.
* All kittens over four months of age are required to be vaccinated for rabies in Virginia. If you adopt a kitten over four months, Mews & Merlot will have this completed, and send you home with the rabies tag.
* Rescue animals are not always perfect in every way. We do our best to only adopt out healthy, well-socialized animals, but we can only provide information about what we have received, collected, or observed during their stay.
* We do not place one of our cats or kittens with someone who plans to declaw them.
* We only adopt kittens to indoor-only homes. We know cats love fresh air, so we offer lots of other ways for them to get outside time—including leash training and catios.
* To help keep our kittens safe, all kittens will be microchipped prior to adoption.
* If at any time you can no longer care for your kitten, you are required to return him/her to Mews & Merlot.
* Mews & Merlot reserves the right to refuse any adoption for any reason.