Tails from the Heart Dog Rescue is dedicated to companion animal welfare; enriching the lives of families and communities through adoption services, medical care, and education.
• The rescue of abandoned or lost animals in our community
• To provide vet care and a nurturing foster home
• Education on the importance of spay and neutering to end the suffering of overpopulation and unwanted animals
• Adoption into a well-matched, carefully screened loving home
Here is a bit about us and our adoption requirements and process. We are a 501c3 non profit and everything we take in goes into the medical fund for all of our rescued dogs. We are an all foster based rescue and do not put our dogs into boarding.
* We believe our rescued pets should be "indoor" pets except for the occasional going out with their family for playtime or potty time.
* We do require that adopters be at least 21 years of age, have a valid photo id
* We do not adopt to secondary adopters ( such as a gift or for a friend)
* All current pets in the home must be altered
* We prefer to have a vet or personal reference
* We do require a home visit and all family members must be present at the time of the visit.
* At the visit we are there to make sure our pet is comfortable in your home and with any other pets
* If multiply profiles come in for the same pet we will determine which is the best fit either by profile or home visit
* If you are renting (either apartment or home) we requirement a copy of the breed restrictions/pet deposit prior to adoption.
These requirements are to ensure that we help our rescued pet find the best possible forever home and the best match for both your family and the pet.
Our adoption fees are $300 for puppies under 6 months of age and $250 for adults over 6 months of age. This fee covers the spay or neuter, rabies shot, parvo/distemper shot, bordetella, fecal and heartworm tests (if applicable), dewormer (if applicable), first month of heartworm and flea/tick preventative, micro chip and applicable sales tax.