Improving the lives of cats and dogs through adoption, spay and neutering and community partnerships.
Homeward Bound Pets was established in 1975 By Julie Juhlson. Homeward Bound is Oregon's 1st no kill shelter.
12/31/2020: Yamhill County is in Phase 2, here's our changes:
1. We are open for cat/kittens meet and greet's, we are limiting access to two people, no young children please.
2. Our dog's will be by appointment only and this will be permanent.
3. We are still very short staffed, please be patient with us, sending us multiple e-mails and calling will not increase your chances of finding your furever pet.
To adopt one of our animals, you will need to do and bring the following:
1. Meet and Greet with animal you are interested in.
2. Bring proof of home ownership (mortgage statement), if renting, then authorization from landlord on company letter head, you will also need their phone number for us to verify. (animal will not be adopted without this information)
3. Picture ID
4. If adopting a cat, you will need a carrier, or you can purchase a card board carrier from us.
5. Adoption fee in credit/debit or cash, we no longer accept checks.
6. If adopting a dog, you must bring other dogs in your home
Please if adopting bring all family members that are living in house, so we can make sure everyone is a good fit.
day hours Monday Closed Tuesday 10am-5pm, last meet & greet at 4:30pm Wednesday 10am-5pm, last meet & greet at 4:30pm Thursday 10am-5pm, last meet & greet at 4:30pm Friday 10am-5pm, last meet & greet at 4:30pm Saturday 10am-5pm, last meet & greet at 4:30pm Sunday Closed