We are a small non-profit 501c3 rescue group dedicated to rescuing abandoned, neglected, and abused animals. We are committed to helping one of the poorest county shelters in North Carolina by rescuing dogs and puppies from the shelter every six to eight weeks and by helping with their medical bills and donating supplies. When we started helping Caswell County in 2008, their euthanasia rate was 90%, now it has dropped to less than 10% for their puppies and dogs! We do our own transport and place the rescued animals in foster homes until they become adopted. We also assist with local animals in need of rescue due to families who can no longer care for them as a result of economic hardship. We promote and insist on spaying and neutering of all pets, as this the only way to reduce the overpopulation of pets. All of our animals that are age appropriate are spayed or neutered prior to adoption. We also have a strict spay/neuter follow up policy for those animals that are too young at the time of adoption.
Come visit us!
Pet Supplies Plus
Hillsdale, New Jersey
Please come to see us and meet all of the dogs. We DO NOT do "first come, first serve" adoptions, so it is not necessary for you to arrive early. We encourage you to come later in the afternoon as we often have a large crowd at 2pm.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
*We DO NOT do same day adoptions.
*We DO NOT do "first come, first serve" adoptions.
*We need to meet ALL of your household members and any other dogs you may have, before we can consider your application.
*If you complete an application online, please print a hard copy of it before you press submit.
Foster homes are desperately needed! We provide food, crate, toys, treats, and all medical expenses. You only need to provide your time and a loving home! The more foster homes we have, the more animals we can rescue from being euthanized! It is an amazing and rewarding experience for anyone who loves animals! Fostering usually lasts 3 weeks for puppies and 2 months or longer for older/bigger dogs.
We are always looking for extra help with the animals on the weekend at Pet Supplies Plus. We need help with walking the dogs, setting up, and cleaning up, as well as cleaning cages, and handling dogs. Why not stop by and give us a paw!
All donations are greatly appreciated! We are a recognized 501c3 non-profit rescue so all donations are tax deductible! Our Venmo account is: @bingo-213
Please check out our Amazon Wishlist to see if you can help us! http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/NOJXMM6UGSNQ/ref=cm_wl_sortbar_v_page_1">
Donations of all gently used cat and dog items are also welcomed! If we cannot find a use for them, we will donate them to the Caswell County Shelter.
Other ways you can help:
Sign up with http://www.igive.com/welcome/lp16/cr60.cfm so when you shop online, a certain percentage of your spending will be donated to B.A.R.K.
These are all great ways to help out, and free to use!
NO applications will be reviewed or considered before the IN-PERSON meet & greet takes place with ALL of your household members and any other dogs you may have. Additionally, we DO NOT do same day adoptions.
* BARK reserves the right to refuse any adoption application for any reason.
* The adoption process can take up to 10 days. We do not do any same day adoptions.
* You must be 21 years of age to adopt.
* It is necessary to fill out an application and meet us and the puppy or dog in person, BEFORE your application will be considered for adoption. You can fill out the application at the store.
* A volunteer will review your application and can answer any questions you may have regarding the pet you are interested in or our rescue organization.
* After the application has been reviewed you will be contacted (approximately 3-5 days) to go over the status of your application and possibly set up a home visit if needed.
* If you are a good match, a date will be set up to meet at Pet Supplies Plus in Hillsdale, NJ for the adoption. The adoption will take 60-90 minutes to fill out the necessary paperwork and do some shopping; we want to ensure that your new furry family member will be happy in his/her forever home.
* Our adoption fee is $325 for puppies. All our puppies are UTD on shots, dewormed and have received flea and tick treatment. The fee for adult dogs is $425 which includes spay/neuter, necessary vaccinations, deworming, flea and tick treatment, and heartworm medication. If microchipped, the fee is $450. The adoption fees help cover health certificates, transportation, food, and veterinary expenses.