Cocheco Valley Humane Society, founded in 1984, is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to the care of stray, abandoned, surrendered, and unwanted animals in Strafford County. CVHS, located in the county complex at 262 County Farm Road, cares for approximately 2,300 animals per year. The shelter receives no funds from the state or federal government and, instead, relies on fundrasiers and donations from the public.
CVHS is not only devoted to caring for unwanted animals, but also educates the public on the proper care of companion animals, as well. In addition to adopting animals into new homes, the shelter also provides outreach programs to the public.
The mission of Cocheco Valley Humane Society is to provide quality, compassionate care and shelter to our animals in partnership
- Take Exit 9 off of Spaulding Turnpike (Route 16).
- Take a left at the set of lights at the end of the exit ramp (this is High St.).
- At the next set of lights, turn right onto Sixth St.
- After driving a bit, you will come to Country Farm Road which is marked with a green sign at the entrance to the road (CVHS is listed on the sign).
- At the end of this road, take a left.
- Drive to the end