About Our Rescue Group...
Helping PAWS is dedicated to improving the lives of animals locally, and nationally; alleviating their suffering and elevating their status in society through the rescue and rehabilitation of animals in need and through the education of their community on responsible pet ownership and animal welfare, advocating the value of all animal life, in hopes to end the neglect and abuse of all animals and to end the devastating pet overpopulation through spay and neuter advocacy.
We are only able to adopt to families who reside in Indiana at this time. We have approved volunteers in this state only, who are able to support our adoption process and travel within 100 miles of Indianapolis.
A completed application is required to initiate the adoption process. Remember to complete the entire application; leaving blanks will only delay the process. If you rent, please include landlords name and phone number. Also, please include your vets phone number, not just their name. The application is free to submit.
Our Adoption Process
The steps in our adoption process are outlined below. Our adoption process is slow and serious. We are dedicated to finding the RIGHT home for all of our dogs, so we are diligent and take our time. It is not a first come, first serve scenario.
1. You complete an Adoption Application and submit it to us. You can view our available foster dogs here.
If you are interested in adopting one of our dogs, the adoption application is the first step. Even if you have questions about the process or our dogs, the fastest way to begin the process is submit your completed application.
2. Our adoption team will review your application and, if they feel like you might be a good match for one of our dogs, they will reach out to you to schedule a phone interview.
If our team does not feel that any of our available dogs meets your wants and needs, don’t worry. We are in no rush. We work hard to find the perfect home for our fosters. We keep applications on file for six months and will call you if a pup that fits your lifestyle and wants comes into our rescue.
3. If your application is moved forward in the process, our adoption team will contact your veterinarian and personal references.
4. If things progress appropriately, we will set up a meet and greet with the dog and do a home visit at that time.
5. If the home visit goes well, we will move forward with when the dog will come and stay.
6. Before finalizing the adoption, you will need to pay the adoption fee. Adoption fees vary from dog to do and will be listed on their individual bios.
7. Upon finalizing the adoption of your new family member, you will need to sign HP’s adoption contract which will be provided to you at the finalization.
To fill out an application visit our website here. Click Adoption Application: www.helpingpawsonline.com