Find out the latest happenings with Lulu's Locker at www.LulusLockerRescue.org. We also invite you to follow us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/LulusLockerRescue!
Donate at http://luluslockerrescue.org/donate/make-a-donation/
Lulu’s Locker Rescue is a nonprofit, volunteer-run companion animal rescue working to bring to light the plight of black cats and dogs and senior/hospice animals in shelters as well as the misconceptions surrounding FIV cats. We aim to lower the euthanasia rate of these animals by educating the public and providing foster care as we seek out permanent homes. We are committed to the protection of the misjudged and wrongly stereotyped through compassion and respect, which we believe both animals and human beings deserve.
We are based out of Frankfort, IL, and rescue cats and dogs in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.
We encourage potential adopters to ask friends, family, and Lulu’s Locker about companion animal experiences in their lives. We want to ensure the animal we adopt to you fits well in your home environment. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about long-term animal care prior to adopting! Please contact us via email LulusLocker@gmail.com.
Everything we do is for the animals in our care, and is aimed at giving them the best possible chance of finding a permanent home.
- Fill out our online Adoption Application to get the process rolling! https://luluslockerrescue.org/adoption/adoption-process/
- Once your Application is completed, you will have a phone conversation with an adoption counselor.
- Once you’ve been approved, s/he will fill you in on the personalities, history, and behavior of the animals to allow you to make the best choice possible for your living situation. You can ask your counselor any questions you have regarding health, behavior, and long-term care.
- Then you and all members of your household will be invited to visit the animal. If you decide adoption is right for you, you will be asked to sign an adoption contract and pay an adoption fee (cat – $85; dog – $200) which covers the spay/neuter, wellness exam, vaccinations, microchip, and heartworm test (dogs only). Lulu’s Locker may also conduct a home visit prior to the completion of the adoption process.
- You will ALWAYS have continued support from us after your adoption! We invite you to contact us at any time with questions or concerns at LulusLocker@gmail.com.
We want you to understand that our hope is to place animals in the very best home for them, as it’s very stressful for the animals when adoptions don’t work out. The application is very important, and we appreciate your patience with the process! ~ Thank you ~