Check out our new web-site!
Waverly Pet Rescue is NOT A SHELTER; all our animals are in foster homes.
To be eligible to visit an animal, you must first fill out our online application; then we
can arrange for you to meet the pet you are interested in.
If you would like to adopt one of our cats or kittens, please click on the online Adoption Application link on the right side of this page.
Here is the Dog Application that you can copy and paste into a browser:
Or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Donations with PayPal can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waverly Pet Rescue is an all volunteer, no-kill rescue based in Waverly, Iowa.
Our adoptable animals live in loving foster homes.
Waverly Pet Rescue is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Your donations are tax deductible.
Waverly Pet Rescue has been in continuous operation since August, 2006.
The organization was conceived and is operated by a fifth generation Waverly
native with a passion to help homeless animals.
Waverly Pet Rescue primarily serves small towns in northeast Iowa without
animal shelters or other means to care for homeless animals.
Waverly Pet Rescue animals live in loving volunteer foster homes until
adopted… no matter how long that takes.
**Adopting a friend: IMPORTANT**
1. Waverly Pet Rescue does not hold pets. If asked for further information,
you should provide it as soon as possible or another home meeting all qualifications may be chosen to adopt the pet you want. Please arrange to see the animal you
want as soon as possible because again, we do not hold them.
2. We do not adopt on a first come, first served basis. We select the best home.
3. We reserve the right to refuse anyone a pet, for any reason. We are devoted
to the animals in our care and do all we can to make sure they are placed in good
4. Waverly Pet Rescue is operated solely by volunteers. Please be patient with
our response back to you.
5. All prospective adopters are required to complete the application and interviewing
process before adoption approval.
6. No dogs will be adopted if they will be kept strictly outside. Cats will only
be adopted if they are to be kept strictly inside.