4 Paws 4 Life Dog Rescue is a non-profit organization dedicated to rescuing dogs from overpopulated, high-kill shelters and contributing to achieving a no-kill nation. We work with committed volunteers, local veterinarians, trainers, boarding facilities, shelters and other rescue partners to save dogs each year by:
Partnering with like-minded organizations to achieve a common goal of saving animals.
Providing dogs with temporary care through our foster programs and/or boarding facilities.
Ensuring they receive medical care using our local veterinarian services.
Ensuring successful placements using our application and interview processes.
Finding them loving homes during our weekly adoption events program.
Educating adopters and the general public on responsible pet care and relationships.
Hiring trainers, when necessary, to assist with behavioral issues.
We believe every dog deserves a long, happy and healthy life.
Thank you for your interest in adopting with us. Please take a moment and complete our adoption application at https://4p4l.org/adoption-process/ if you haven't already. If you have, you should hear from us shortly via email.
If you have found a dog listed on a website besides www.4p4l.org, there’s a possibility that the information you’ve viewed is out of date. You can take a look at who is currently available for adoption at https://4p4l.org/available-animals/
Pending status means that a dog in currently pending transport to our facility. Available status means that a dog is currently in our care in Colorado.
Additional information on our adoption process is available at https://4p4l.org/adoption-process/.
If you are planning to attend an adoption event, please follow these steps:
1. We suggest you arrive about 30 minutes before the event if you have a particular dog/cat in mind.
2. On arrival, add your name to the ‘Sign in sheet’.
3. Using your smart phone or one of our tablets, complete the adoption application (if you’ve not already done so prior to your arrival).
4. When your name is called, you can visit the available dogs. You must complete the application prior to visiting the available dogs.
5. An event volunteer will review your application with you.
6. When an approved adopter wishes to finalize an adoption at our events, the adoption fee may be processed using your choice of cash, credit or debit.
If you are applying online for pre-adoption, please follow these steps:
1. Go to www.4p4l.org to Complete the adoption application.
2. Within 72 hours of receiving the completed form, our Adoption Coordinator will communicate with you to confirm the status of your application and begin the adoption process.
3. When an approved adopter wishes to finalize an adoption online, they must complete the adoption fee donation. (For pre-adoptions processed online, we accept credit and debit cards.)
4. The Adoption Coordinator will then be in touch with pickup instructions.