Longmont Friends of Feral & Abandoned Cats
To improve the lives of community cats and the people who care for them in Longmont and the surrounding area through our comprehensive programs: TNR, Cat Socialization, Colony Management, Foster, Adoption, and Education.
1. Fill out an adoption application
2. Phone interview with the potential adopter
3. Pre-adoption visit with cat(s) at our shelter by appointment
4. Additional visits until the potential adopter is certain they want to adopt
5. Home visit for the adoption manager to see the home and help come up with a plan for introducing the cat(s) to other members of the family including other pets. Our cats come into our care under-socialized and often need more considerations (small area, quiet place to get to know family, etc.)
6. Cats are delivered to their new homes.
7. Post-adoption support is provided
NOTE: We use a "variable" adoption fee for cats based on age, level of sociability, and special needs. The adoption fee helps offset our costs of caring for the cats and preparing them for adoption and enables LFFAC to continue helping homeless cats. Upon adoption, cats will be:
-Spayed or neutered
-Vaccinated (FVRCP and Rabies)
The adoption fee also includes a voucher for a free wellness exam at Family Pet Hospital (must be redeemed within 30 days).
LFFAC provides pre-adoption planning to prepare for your new family member, with follow-up support provided if necessary.