*Please note that at the present time, we do not adopt our dogs out of state.
Our adoption process is as follows:
1) Adoption application. The questionnaire is designed to help HHARF and yourself determine compatibility with the dog you are interested in and if they are the right one for you and your household. The goal is not to be invasive but to find the best possible match for each dog and their future family. All interested adopters are required to complete this form for adoption consideration. Submission of the application is not a guarantee you will be able to adopt the dog you are interested in. If we determine your application is a fit for the dog you applied for, we move forward to the next step.
2) Meet & Greet. Meeting the dog you are interested in is important to test compatibility with members of the family they will be living with. Therefore, we suggest that all family members in the household come to the meet and greet if possible. We can schedule a meet and greet with a location and time agreed upon by HHARF and the adopting family. If all goes well and both HHARF and the adopting family agree to move forward, we move on to next step.
3) Home Check. A home check is necessary to ensure the dog will be in a safe home environment. In the interior, we check to make sure there are no hazards that might cause harm. For the exterior, we look to make sure there are no avenues of escape. We can make suggestions based on the dog you are applying for. A home check can be scheduled with a date and time agreed upon by HHARF and the adopting family.
4) Adoption contract. If all goes well and both HHARF and the adopting family agree to move forward an adoption contract is completed and a tax-deductible adoption donation will be collected.
5) Once the contract is complete, you and your new family member can start your new journey together.
Please feel free to contact us with any further questions you may have.
Heart and Home Animal Rescue Foundation
We are also on Facebook and Instagram