Kira’s K9 Rescue (KK9R) reserves the right to refuse placement of any animal for any reason. The safety and well-being of our animals is of paramount importance. Therefore, our adoption policy is as follows:
• You must be 21 years of age or older to adopt.
• All household members must be present during each of the home visits.
• All decision makers of the household must agree to the adoption.
• Adopters must agree to a pre- and post-home visit.
• Misrepresentations or falsification of information on an application will automatically disqualify you from adoption.
• Each rescue animal has a different adoption donation fee to cover their specific medical needs.
• A non-refundable adoption deposit is required to commence the foster-to-adopt process which is used to ensure the safety and sincerity of the rescue process. In the event you decide to finalize the adoption, the deposit will be applied to the final adoption donation fee.
• All rescue animals will be vaccinated, microchipped, and spayed/neutered before being adopted, unless a pre-adoption agreement has been signed.
• Your rescue animal will reside in your home as a pet and be provided with quality dog food, plenty of fresh water, indoor shelter, affection, annual physical examination and vaccinations under the supervision of a licensed Veterinarian.
• During the post-adoption home visit, if KK9R feels the rescue animal’s needs are not being met, KK9R will provide corrective actions and a second post-home visit will be scheduled. If the rescue animal’s needs are still not being met during the second post-home visit, KK9R reserves the right to pull the animal from the home.
• If for any reason at all your rescue animal does not work out, you must return them back to KK9R to ensure they do not go to a shelter or end up in the wrong hands.
• Due to the need to conduct home visits, KK9R does not do adoptions outside of Arizona except in very rare circumstances in which the adopter is already known to KK9R.
• KK9R does not adopt animals as gifts.