This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Tink American Staffordshire Terrier Mix Kennesaw, GA
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Hi, my name's Tink! I came to Mostly Mutts from animal control, and it was clear that I had not been well-cared for. An infected ear, long nails, some worn down teeth and severe hair loss as well as infected skin made me pretty uncomfortable. I was also heartworm positive, but I’ve already been treated for that! With all the good care I’ve received I’m feeling better and am excited about my new life ahead!
• OTHER DOGS/CATS/KIDS: I met some other dogs at Mostly Mutts and though I did not play, I was interested in dogs that were mellow. I also enjoy the company of the calm dog in my foster home. We don't play, but we sleep on the dog bed together sometimes, so if you have a calm dog at home, let’s meet! Also, I think I'd enjoy a calm dog companion in my new home to keep me company when our people aren't home. / Cats unknown / I met some kids at Mostly Mutts that were about 10 years old and though I wasn't very interested in them, I also wasn't bothered by them. I love the teenage girls in my foster home (ages 14 and 17), so if you have kids around age 10 or up, let's meet!
• PERSONALITY/ENERGY LEVEL: I am a sweet and friendly girl who is a bit shy initially. I am well-behaved for my baths, and maybe I know they are helping me look and feel better every day. Some of the volunteers say I seemed a little sad when I first came to Mostly Mutts. However, I am resilient and my love for people has not waivered. After about a week in my foster home I started to come out of my shell and am thriving! / My energy level is currently 3-5.
• SKILLS/CRATE/POTTY: I've mastered the 'come' command and walk nicely on my leash. I rarely bark in my foster home, and I greet visitors to the home with a tail wag, but I don’t jump on them. I don’t get on the furniture unless invited, and I haven’t chewed up anything I shouldn’t in my foster home. I also don’t beg for food and I ride well in car, so in summary, I’m a really good girl! / I did not like being crated at the shelter, and I have chewed through a travel crate and knocked down a gate. However, now I don’t mind staying in a crate when my foster family isn't home (a dark sheet covering all sides except the crate door helps me feel more cozy). It's also possible I won't need a crate in my new home, and my foster family has started leaving me uncrated for short periods (10-15 min). I’ve done well so far, so we’ll keep working on it! At night I sleep on a dog bed in my human foster sister's room / My potty habits have been great in my foster home.
• LIKES/DISLIKES: I like people and being with them is my greatest joy. I like being out and about with them, and sunbathing in the backyard with my foster family nearby is the best. / Other than being confined, I can’t think of any dislikes, but I would not be happy if I did not get the love, attention and continued good medical care that I was denied in my former home.
• MEDICAL: I'm current on vaccinations, micro-chipped and spayed. I'll need medicated baths for a while yet to help my fur grow back and skin feel better which can be done in my new home. I take an over-the-counter joint supplement, too.
I am looking forward to all the love that comes with being in a wonderful, furever home! My adoption fee is $299.00, and I’m located in Kennesaw, Ga.
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- American Staffordshire Terrier