This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Stone Pit Bull Terrier Mix Rossville, TN
- Black, White / Cream
- , Playful, Friendly
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Prefers a home without
- Other dogs, cats.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Stone was found standing in the middle of a road by a kind man. He immediately contacted us because Stone had numerous scabs, open wounds, hair loss and scars all over his head, legs and body. Both of his front legs were swollen. His tail and one of his legs had been broken. He was in horrible condition! We got him to the vet as soon as possible and discovered one of his front legs was possibly fractured recently. He was also loaded with parasites. Due to the location and shape of some of his scars, our vet told us he was probably a "bait dog", meaning dog fighters used him as bait to train the fighting dogs. Despite his condition and his past, Stone is so sweet to everyone!! Our staff and volunteers have been giving him so much love and attention, and he is definitely enjoying his new life. He loves to go on walks and get out some of his energy. Stone is very dog selective, so it would be best for him to be the only dog in the home. He wants all the love for himself!!
Stone's date of birth is 12/6/2017 and he weighs about 50 pounds.
Stone spent some time in a foster home and his foster mom told us this about him, "Stone is so gentle and kind. He walks well on a leash, takes treats really gently, and is just a calm, quiet boy."
All of our rescues are rehabilitated and once healthy are available for an adoption fee of $95 for cats and dogs. This fee includes:
• Extensive medical health check by a licensed veterinarian
• Up to date on all vaccinations. Puppies/kittens may require some additional booster shots which we will pay for if coordinated through us and our veterinarian
• 30 day pet health guarantee (*Must follow process provided at time of adoption.)
• 30 day money back guarantee
Our goal is to find loving homes for all our rescued animals. Because we care about our rescues and their future, some animals have certain new family requirements before they can be released to their new home. Requirements for adoption could include the following:
• Fenced yard (required for most dogs) (no invisible fences) and home inspection for all animals; we will complete an onsite fence/home check prior to completing the adoption
• Veterinary reference for previous pet owners (must be/have been current on vaccinations and heartworm prevention)
• If no previous veterinary history, purchase of 6 month heartworm prevention
• If renting, verification with Landlord on acceptability of pets and any restrictions, pet deposit, etc.
• Meet and greet with current pets to ensure compatibility
Note: We will call your current/previous veterinarian to verify that you have a history of providing vaccinations and heartworm prevention for your animal(s). We do a physical home/fence inspection prior to completing the adoption if a fence is required.
If you are interested in adopting one our dogs or cats, please complete our Online Adoption Application at http://www.fayettefcar.com/animals.
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Mixed Breed