This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Mortimer Lhasa Apso Mix Kennesaw, GA
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
Hello – my name is Mortimer! I somehow ended up at animal control with my friend Milton in need of care and attention. Thankfully, I’m in good hands and I’m having my medical needs tended to and getting the love I deserve in a wonderful foster home. You will notice from my pictures that I have severe fur loss that I hope will grow back with the special baths I’m getting – time will tell!
• OTHER DOGS/CATS/KIDS: I like the other low-key dogs I’ve met in my foster home though I can be a bit protective of my food, so please feed me separately. One time in my foster home, Milton was cleaning my face and when I had enough, I snapped at him and we growled at each other, but that’s all. My foster thinks I’d be happy as an only dog or with another low key doggie, so if you have a dog at home, let’s meet / Cats unknown / I haven’t met kids yet at Mostly Mutts, but I’m an older guy who likes some personal space, so if you have much older kids like teenagers, let’s meet.
• PERSONALITY/ENERGY LEVEL: My foster describes me as a super sweet “funny old man” who is a bit curious and independent. I will get bursts of energy that find me playing with the other dogs in my foster home or with a squeaky toy. Sometimes, I get a bit grumpy and want my space, but overall, I am a friendly guy who – though older - is playful with a little prance in my step – so cute / My energy level is 3-5.
• SKILLS/CRATE/POTTY: I know the ‘sit’ command and walk well on my leash / I haven’t used a crate in my foster home, but I will whine when left behind the baby gate, as I prefer to be with you / I have pretty good potty habits in my foster home, with just a few accidents - possibly due to age and some initial marking, so be consistent with me on a good schedule so I can do my best with my potty skills.
• LIKES/DISLIKES: I like to spend time exploring and checking out my surroundings. I also love toys when it is playtime and finding soft, comfy places to take long naps. Treats are good too / I am not a fan of baths or car rides, and I can sometimes be a picky eater. Other than that, I would not be happy if I did not get the love and attention that I so enjoy.
• MEDICAL: I am taking an on-going Cosequin tablet to help my arthritic joints feel their best. I have a cataract in my left eye and likely a bit of sight loss, a mild heart murmur, and I’m getting twice a week medicated baths which are helping my skin feel better and should help my fur grow back in too. I’ll need to continue having these in my new home. I'm current on vaccinations, micro-chipped and neutered.
I am looking for a wonderful home where I can live my golden years surrounded by love and good care! My adoption fee is $100.00, and I’m located in Kennesaw, Ga.
Ask About Mortimer
- Lhasa Apso