This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Merceline (Mercy) Pit Bull Terrier & Spaniel Mix Minneapolis, MN
- Black, White / Cream
- Energetic, Playful, Happy
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Prefers a home without
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Meet Merceline (Mercy)
She is a happy girl ready to take on each day. She loves romping in the yard and playing with her toys. She can be a pretty cheap date too; one of her favorite toys is an empty plastic gallon milk jug!
Mercy is food motivated so training is super fun for her. She is also great in the crate and is totally house-trained.
Mercy is friendly with other dogs, although can be a bit over excited in the beginning. She is great with puppies and older dogs. Dogs of high energy or ones that bark at her first will potentially make her replicate the response. However, she has shown great progress of settling down on command. A little patience and lots of treats go a long way with her ability to learn for herself.
She has a history of leash reactivity but has made tremendous progress and can now watch dogs walk by without much to say. She can still get excited by squirrels and try to go say Hi, so it is best someone strong enough to withhold the surges of excitement and will continue to work on her leash walking skills.
Cuddling on the couch with her humans and/or her canine pals is a common pastime. Mercy is ready for a family that she can call her own.
Mercy is ready for a family she can call her own that have time and energy to train her. Best fit would be a single-family home with a fenced yard and no cats.
Her adoption fee includes spay/neuter, heartworm/Lyme test, all age-appropriate vaccinations (distemper, rabies, & Bordetella), HW and flea/tick preventative, and microchip implant and registration.
There is no guarantee of age and breed as a rescue animal's history is unknown. All ages and breeds are best guess.
Adoption fees INCLUDE a mandatory sales tax of 7.525%.
Mercy has been available for at least 60 days; we have extended our adoption radius from 75-miles to 100-miles outside Minneapolis, MN City Center or, distance at the foster’s discretion. If you are outside of the 75-mile radius, the guidelines are as follows:
1. Any post-adoption vet care that Pet Haven would cover financially needs to be done with one of our partners in the metro area
2. Any post-adoption continuation of already enrolled behavioral / training that Pet Haven would cover financially needs to be done with one of our partners in the metro area
3. Applicant will need to come to the metro area for a meet and greet with foster parent and dog; if there is another dog(s) in the applicant's home, dog(s) will need to accompany owner to the meet and greet in the metro area
4. Home visit needs to be completed either by video chat or through another rescue in your area
5. Adopter will need to come to the metro area to pick up their new family member if adoption process completed / approved
Interested in adopting and/or learning more? Visit http://pethavenmn.org/adopt/