This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Maya Retriever & Great Pyrenees Mix Kansas City, KS
- Black, White / Cream
- Friendly, Affectionate, Loyal, Gentle, Playful, Curious, Independent, Loves kisses
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, cats, children.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Let me introduce myself. My name is Maya. It was brought to the attention of the organization's outreach department that I was living outdoors with my puppies this past January. My family unfortunately wasn't able to bring us inside. It was really cold outside and I was doing my best to nurse my puppies and keep them warm. My family decided it was best to give us up.
My puppies and I were brought to the shelter to get a good medical check up and vetting before heading to a foster home. I wasn't kept current on my heartworm prevention, so I did test positive for heartworms. I have started the pretreatment meds getting ready for my heartworm treatment here in a couple months.
My puppies and I had the best time while out in foster. The puppies got nice and big and have all been adopted. Now it is my turn to find my forever home.
I really like to be around people of all ages and sizes. I just crave being with people. I just don't like to be alone. I find that very lonely. I have always been with another adult dog, my puppies and my family. I would like to find another family that is home a lot and has another dog or two for me to hang out with and to let me play with them.
I have even met the shelter's clinic cat. He even let me sniff him. I haven't lived with a cat, so a cat in the home would be new to me.
I definitely need a tall fence or a large covered dog enclosure. I have proven that I am able to make it over a 4 foot fence with no problem. I really like the freedom to go inside and the freedom of going outside at will. Being too confined stresses me out. Being outside was all I knew. This being indoors all of the time is something new that I am adjusting to doing.
Since my life has changed so much in the past few weeks, I am trying to decide what my new home should look like to keep me safe and happy.
I would do great if someone would want a dog to hang out with them at home all day or if I could go to work with them every day. They may not get much work done since I am so pretty and like attention. I would be good as a companion for someone working on a farm. Or for someone who spends a lot of time outside and wants a companion to keep them company.
If I sound like I may be a good fit for your family, please fill out one of the adoption surveys to see if I would be a good fit for your family.
MORE ON ADOPTING OUR DOGS...
Thanks for considering adopting a rescue through the Humane Society of Greater Kansas City!
Here’s what to expect when you adopt a pet:
• Complete and submit your online application.
• A member of our staff will review your information and contact you to schedule an appointment.
• Your appointment will include a conversation with an adoption coordinator and ample time to visit the pet of your choice or one of our other our adoptable pets. Keep in mind that some of our pets are in our facility while others are with foster parents.
• Once you have made the decision to adopt a pet, we will reserve him or her for you. If your pet has had a recent bath and wellness check by our veterinarian, you can take him or her home the same day! In other cases, we will need to arrange pick up a day or two later. Our goal is to send you home with a healthy pet!
• In addition to having the support of our staff you’ll receive information (and coupons) to help your new pet adjust to his or her new home.
• We also have leashes, collars, toys and other supplies available.
About healthy pets:
• All of our dogs & puppies have been spayed or neutered, vaccinated, microchipped, dewormed, treated for fleas & ticks, tested for heartworms (7 mo. and over), and are on monthly heartworm preventative.
• Puppies who are too young to receive all the necessary puppy boosters and/or first rabies shot may be brought back to us for those vaccines at no extra charge.
• Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking all necessary precautions to keep our staff and clients safe. This includes wearing masks and limiting the number of people inside our shelter at any given time.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Dog Adoption Contact Info:
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…