This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
I was adopted as a puppy and my family loved me very much, but they are having an ongoing family medical situation that keeps them away from home too much to be able to meet my needs, so I'm back with Mostly Mutts looking for a new family to love.
• OTHER DOGS/CATS/KIDS: I liked the dogs I met at Mostly Mutts, so let’s meet! / Cats unknown / I LOVE the kids in my former home (ages 7 and 13 years) though I don't know my own size so I have been known to sweep them off their feet … literally, but never aggressively and usually followed up by apology kisses. So, I may be too much for some kids. Mostly Mutts recommends older kids for me and let's meet!
• PERSONALITY/ENERGY LEVEL: Here's how my former family describes me: I'm the dog who'll greet you when you get home with those big ole paws right on your shoulders so I can be eye level with you one day, and then pay no attention to you the next because NO-ONE is more important than my afternoon naps. A big cuddler, so much so that I'll push you right out of bed and then wake up in a panic looking for you only to roll over and steal your pillow. A giant butt wiggling, outdoor loving, yard protecting loudmouth. And I can be LOUD, a chatty Cathy some would say. (I would not be a good apartment/condo dog due to my vocalization) A roll in the dirt, jump in the pond but not so keen to bath time dog. I sound like a hound, look like a hound but am not actually aware that I'm a hound and at times I'm startled by my own shadow. An attention seeker soothed by my own whining who routinely makes my rounds during the night to check on the kids because I love big and deserve to be loved big in return / I'm the laziest high energy dog you'll ever meet! LOL. So, I range from 2 to about 8 on a 1-10 scale.
• SKILLS/CRATE/POTTY: I'm enrolled in the Mostly Mutts University training program now and look forward to learning lots of good doggie manners. So far, I know 'sit', 'stay', 'come', proper door etiquette, and walk nicely on a leash for most of the volunteers, though kids shouldn't walk me due to my size. I can jump a fence, so don't leave me unattended in the yard as I don't want to get lost or hurt - it's not a good skill, but I can do it / I hate being confined and will bark incessantly about it / I've had good potty manners on the shelter schedule, so hopefully that will be the case in my new home, too.
• LIKES/DISLIKES: Please read all the above as I don't want to repeat myself here. LOL
• MEDICAL: I'm current on vaccinations, micro-chipped and spayed. I'm taking a calming medication as shelter life is challenging for me. I did not need medication in my former home, so I'll likely be able to come off of it.
I'm a special dog looking for a special family! My adoption fee is $299.00, and I’m located in Kennesaw, Ga.
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Treeing Walker Coonhound