This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Halo Pit Bull Terrier Mix Stamford, CT
- Vaccinations up to date, special needs. Halo is blind but able to navigate very well by sound and with minor training & guidance.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
MUST BE ONLY DOG IN HOME
Meet Halo, our miracle girl! She was found blind and emaciated in the woods in MS when one of our fosters rescued her. Since then, she has gained plenty of weight and rehabilitated beautifully!
Despite what she has been through, she is a very gentle soul with a heart of gold. She absolutely adores people and attention - she can't get enough! She is sweet, gentle, and despite having only a few teeth, she loves treats. She would love a home where she can hang out with her people and live the good life.
At the refuge, she has her own room and is able to stay free in it, instead of being crated. She is a chill girl in her room and doesn't make a mess!
She is fully blind but adapts amazingly to her environment. She navigates steps, which only takes her a day or two (and a few meatballs) to learn. She boogies around the yard and we tell her “uh uh uh" when she gets near a tree. She leaps in a car perfectly and follows her person around the yard by the sound of their footsteps. She adapts so well, you'd even find yourself questioning if she really is indeed blind (she is).
She is great with other dogs when introduced properly; because of her blindness, she gets nervous when caught off guard or unaware. But a proper introduction leads to much affection and play time with other dogs.
She has completed her Heartworm treatment and is scheduled to be spayed later this month. She has a cyst on her ovary that will be removed with the spay.
This sweet girl is an absolute gem! She knows she is a star and is so happy to be living her best life now. Little does she know it is about to get even better! Apply now at www.LuckyDogRefuge.com
READ THE FOLLOWING FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION FOR THIS PET:
- The first step towards adoption is to complete an adoption application, which can be found online at our website www.LuckyDogRefuge.com, under the “Apply Now” tab
- Do NOT use the Petfinder links or email to ask us about our adoptable dog listings - we do not always receive these messages and will not respond to them.
- Please do not ask if a dog is still available - we do our best to update their status as quickly as possible. If a dog is listed for adoption, it means we have not yet approved an adopter and are still accepting applications.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY APPROVED ADOPTERS WILL BE PERMITTED TO MEET OUR RESCUES.
Thanks for considering a rescue pup!
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Pit Bull Terrier