This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
Hi, my name is Gus! I had a home, but my family had too many dogs and some health challenges, so I worked my way to Mostly Mutts and am on my way to finding a new family to love, perhaps it’s you?
• OTHER DOGS/CATS/KIDS: I met some other dogs at Mostly Mutts, and I liked the dogs who were my size or smaller, but was hesitant around the bigger dogs. If you have a nice doggie at home who's about my size (or smaller), let's meet! / I reportedly got along with cats in my former home, though I have not met them at Mostly Mutts yet (only have watched them through the kennel doors - so sweet), so if you have a dog-friendly kitty at home, let's meet and see if we can live together / I haven’t met kids yet at Mostly Mutts, so let’s meet and best no very young kids that I may bump over.
• PERSONALITY/ENERGY LEVEL: I am a friendly guy who is still a bit shy and sometimes scared of new things, but I'm coming along well and think I'd really enjoy a quieter type of home to let my ears down - lol. I got to go home with a volunteer for a few days, and after just a few hours of adjusting to all the strange sounds in my new surroundings, I became playful and even started playing with toys! Since everything seems new to me, I am really benefitting from the extra time, love and care the volunteers are putting in with me. After my walks, they are spending time with me to let me know I am safe and loved. I have been a gentle sweetheart who will surely win your heart / My energy level is 4-6.
• SKILLS/CRATE/POTTY: I am a student in the Mostly Mutts University training program, where I've already mastered the 'sit', 'stay', and 'come' commands, and I accept friendly strangers without jumping. I walk well on my leash with some initial prodding to coax me out into the world that still scares me sometimes. I was also a calm, good boy during my bath at Mostly Mutts. I look forward to learning lots more, so check back soon to see my progress / My crate manners have been good at Mostly Mutts and in my temp. foster home. / My potty habits have been good on the shelter schedule and in my temp. foster home, so hopefully that will be the case in my new home, too.
• LIKES/DISLIKES: I enjoy soaking up love and affection from my people, especially a good head rub! It is helping me open up and feel more secure and confident every day. I like my toys, food and treats, and - while I was reportedly possessive of these things in my former home, that has not been observed at the shelter or when I was tested in these areas. Also formerly reported, but not seen at all, was a bit of aggression towards men - there are lots of men at the shelter and I've liked them all / Traffic on busy roads startles me, and I am quite strong, so keep a good hold on my leash. Perhaps we can find some less congested places to walk, where I will be more relaxed.
• MEDICAL: I'm current on vaccinations, micro-chipped and neutered.
I’m looking for a wonderful family to give me a great home! My adoption fee is $299.00, and I’m located in Kennesaw, Ga.
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Labrador Retriever