This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Griswold Doberman Pinscher Mix Brewster, NY
- playful, smart, loving, student, friendly, inquisitive, cuddly
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, cats, children, other animals. Has been foster care w: horses & cows on the property. He does well with all animals so far.
- Adoption fee
Petfinder recommends that you should always take reasonable security steps before making online payments.
*Name: GRISWOLD "Grizzy"
*Age: 12 weeks BD: 11/9/2020
*Current Weight: 16pounds
*Size: Medium to large
*Rescued from: Rural Texas
*Adoption fee: $495 (plus $125 spay/neuter deposit, which is refundable when spay/neuter agreement is fulfilled)
*Requirements: breed experience (preferred), Due to the unfortunate stereotype of specific breeds, we will only adopt Griswold to a homeowner (not a renter).
*Health: up to date on puppy shots, rabies & Bordetella
Unfortunately, Griswold had a rough start to life. This handsome guy was rescued with the rest of his litter (all adopted) at 4 weeks old. Griswold had a severely broken femur & tibia + possible pelvic fracture. He could not walk & struggled to stand. Griswold has been in foster care receiving physical therapy, laser treatment & massage. On 1/30/2021 he got an 8 week follow up x-ray & exam. the vet was very happy with his progress & said he had healed better than his 1st x-ray suggested.
Griswold does not need surgery at this time & is not expected to ever need surgery. He needs to remain on a joint supplement for life & would benefit from home massage. It is likely he will have arthritis in the affected leg, earlier than usual. However with proper exercise, good food & a joint supplement he will thrive.
X-rays & all medical files will be with him upon adoption & available earlier if needed.
Griswold is a full of life, super smart & a loveable puppy. He is half Doberman, his mother is a Blue Doberman & she is a great family dog. He is crate trained, almost 100% house trained. He knows where to potty & barks to go out as needed. He will use the potty pad in his pen when alone or at night. He knows sit & wait, continues to improve on leash training & has good recall. Grizzy is super smart & in true Doberman fashion, he loves to learn. His personality & behaviors all resemble the Doberman part of him. We encourage all adopters to research the breeds if they have not had personal experience with that particular breed. Griswold does great w: other dogs, he loves to play & would prefer to have a dog friend in the home.
IMPORTANT: This puppy has not yet been altered. For any dog or puppy that is not able to be spayed/neutered prior to adoption, SNARR requires a $125 deposit in addition to your adoption fee, as well as a strictly-enforced signed Spay/Neuter Contract stating you will have this dog altered within 6 months of adoption. The $125 deposit will be returned once the contract has been fulfilled.
To apply to adopt this puppy, fill out an application at www.snarrnortheast.org/applications.
FAQs -- PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE EMAILING
**Please note that SNARR NE is a volunteer-based organization. While our volunteers will try to respond to you as quickly as possible, it is helpful if you review the following information about our adoption process before emailing:**
- LISTED BREED(S) & AGE: We are taking our best guess on age, breed, and size when fully grown, based on the puppy's/dog's physical appearance and what we might have learned about one or both parents depending on the situation. *NOTE* We rarely know a dog's exact age, nor are we able to tell the true or full breed mix of dogs as our information is limited most of the time. Because we often do not have access to medical records at the time that we are posting dogs to Petfinder, there are sometimes discrepancies between what is posted on Petfinder and what might be listed on a dog's medical records. Remember, most of the time rescues are all just taking our best guess with breeds!
-We do not go on a first-come-first-serve basis for adoptions, but on best fit for a family and most importantly the puppy or dog.
- APPLYING ONLINE: If you fill out an online application, please do so from a computer (not a mobile device), make sure you answer ALL the questions in as much detail as possible, and that you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, that means we did NOT receive your application.
- ADOPTION FEES: $495 for puppies / $375 for adults. Adoption Fees for Seniors, Special Needs and Bonded Pairs vary
Finding pets for you…
Finding pets for you…
- Doberman Pinscher