This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Crosby - Important message in my bio! American Staffordshire Terrier Briarcliff Manor, NY
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
Meet Crosby - Important message in my bio!
Due to Covid-19, the SPCA of Westchester is closed to the public until further notice. Rest assured, our kennel staff and trainers will be present daily to take care of the animals, exercise them and provide them with loving care. We hope to resume adoptions soon!
Please consider making a donation to help care for our animals during this difficult time. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
As we get close to breaking ground on our new shelter, there are a few dogs we know won’t like all the change that will come with this project. Our beloved six year old Crosby is one of them, so we are looking especially hard for a FOSTER or FOREVER home for him. Crosby has separation anxiety; here's what that means and how we'll help him adjust to life in a new home:
• Crosby needs a home where someone is home more often than not
• Patience is a must since he will struggle with change at first; he will get past it though
• Our two SPCA trainers have a plan to help him acclimate to his new home, including overnight/weekend sleepovers (who doesn't love a slumber party!)
• Once he goes home, we've also arranged for the services of a trainer who specializes solely in separation anxiety, and has a solid success rate at helping these dogs thrive in their new home
So what do you get?
• A smart, sweet, social dog
• A pup who's gentle and social enough to be our go to for humane education workshops with kids and to visit elderly people in assisted living facilities
• A guy who would love to spend his day on long walks and his evenings cuddled up with you
Separation anxiety isn't something that should keep a dog like Crosby in the shelter. Dogs with separation anxiety get adopted every day, and plenty of people out there have had dogs like Crosby. So help us find them! If he's not the right fit for you, please tell your friends about him. Think he might be a fit for you? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to talk more about Crosby.
When to Come:
Unless noted differently above, our hours are Monday-Saturday 10am-4pm and Sunday 1pm-4pm. Our adoptions are first come, first served based on the status of your application.
What to Bring:
Please bring a copy of your current pet(s)’ vaccination records (if you currently have a dog or cat or did within the last 2 years) and a copy of your lease (if you rent or own a condo/co-op/townhouse) in case we are unable to get hold of your veterinarian or landlord/management company on the day you come in.
We do same day adoptions pending application approval/satisfactory reference checks, except in the case of dogs listed as Trainer Adoptions (on occasion, some Trainer Adoption dogs are able to go home same day). With all adoptions, every person living in the home where the dog will reside must come meet the dog, and any dogs already in the home must come for a meet and greet as well.
We do NOT hold animals, nor do we accept deposits in advance. If you have discussed coming in to meet an animal or have an approved application, this does not guarantee that you will get a particular puppy or dog. If you do not bring your dog(s) or all residents of your home to meet the dog, we cannot hold that dog for you.
Adoption Fees & What’s Included:
All dogs and puppies are spayed/neutered, microchipped, vaccinated (age appropriate), and come with a free veterinary visit from a participating vet within seven days of adoption.
Adults dogs over 1 year of age: $225-$375
All Puppies: $375
Seniors and Lonely Hearts Club members: $85
Please visit: http://www.spca914.org/adoptanimal.htm to read our Adoption Policy and Procedures in full.
Feel free to e-mail email@example.com or call (914) 941-2896 ext. 11 with any questions or for more details on the dog(s) in which you are interested.
Ask About Crosby - Important message in my bio!
- American Staffordshire Terrier
SPCA of Westchester