This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Van American Staffordshire Terrier & Pit Bull Terrier Mix Saint Paul, MN
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered, special needs. Van was adopted from the shelter in TX when he was a puppy. He was later returned as an adult. At the time of return he was unable to use his back legs. The adopters had zero explanation as to how he lost the use of his back legs. X-rays were immediately done and they came back clear. We suspect he has nerve damage at this point and a back leg that had been broken and never healed correctly. Once Van came to us, he started with chiropractic and acupuncture work. He was also fit with a brace for his leg and this has helped tremendously. He is able to walk and run now! He doesn't do well on slippery surfaces though. He is a happy dog that just needs a home with love. We would love to see him in a home with another dog or kids as he does really well with both.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, children.
- Prefers a home without
- Adoption fee
• All dogs listed on Petfinder are still available.
• Read the bio but still have questions? Email email@example.com
• Please DO NOT use the "Ask About Me" tab on this page. If you do, we won't get it.
• We CANNOT move forward until we receive an application. Even if you're only interested, please fill out an application at mnpitbull.com. We will reach out to you (M-F) within 24-48 hours after receiving your inquiry.
• Adoption fees are as follows: 2-5 months old: $400, 6-9 months old: $350, 10+ months old: $250. This covers their Spay/Neuter, Vaccinations, Microchip, 4DX, Fecal Tests, and Housing Costs.
Van was born on 08/11/2016
Hi my name is Van. My foster mom gave me the name because I have swirls on my neck that remind her of the painting ’starry night’ by Van Gogh. I am 2.5 years old and I have a lot of energy around new people, however I calm down very quickly.
When I came to live with my foster family it was about a year ago, I needed some help with relearning a few things. I had a leg with a break as well as some nerve damage. With the assistance of a leg brace, acupuncture and a special harness I quickly relearned things such as walking/running without the harness and going to the bathroom without assistance. I have been known to pee a little unknowingly as a result of the nerve damage, but my foster mom is very proud of me as this has not happened in a few months. I also do better on carpet then hard floor surfaces, however my foster family’s home is almost all hardwood floors and I do really great! I can keep up with my four-legged foster sister any day of the week!
Some things I love are: to cuddle and spoon with my Foster mom and her son, as well as my four legged foster sister Lucy. I also love stuffed animals that are mine as well as other toys. I am very good about knowing which toys are mine and what toys aren’t. My foster mom loves that I never chew on things I shouldn’t. I also love going up to the cabin. I enjoy boat rides as well as being in the water. I am currently learning to be patient and to understand that my human and four legged friends have personal space that I need to be respectful of. I just love to cuddle and be by everyone so much, I’m just a lover. I also know how to sit, wait, stay, out, go lay down and outside. I will always let you know if I need to go outside.
I am doing really well with everything and have been going to training class twice a week. My foster parents say I’m doing amazing and are very proud of me. I think I would do best in a family with kids that are a little older as I love to run and play and wouldn’t want to knock anyone over as I do slide somewhat due to my previous leg injury. I would do great with a four-legged family member as well, I love being around my foster sister. She is a little older and is a great playmate but is good at keeping me calm when needed, I think I would do best with a more mature and calmer four-legged family member. I need a house without cats, they're not my fav. I am also going to require a home with a fence. Due to my bladder issues, I need a quick, safe way to get outside.
If you are looking for a new furry family member who has endless love to give, I’d love to meet you!
Ask About Van
- American Staffordshire Terrier
Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue
Have an account?