This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
Meet Betty Boop
Hi, I’m Betty Boop! I came to Mostly Mutts very pregnant & heartworm positive, so I’m super grateful to have been rescued. I had my puppies & they have found their furever homes! Now, it’s my turn to find my home & live the good life!
• OTHER DOGS/CATS/KIDS: I’ve liked most of the dogs I’ve met at MM’s & in my foster homes. So, if you have a dog, let’s meet & see if we’ll be good play pals as I do enjoy playing with other dogs! I’m sometimes nervous around dogs at first, so proper introduction is key. I even liked the little Chihuahua dog I met recently, though I’m bigger & played a bit too much for her / No kitty cats, I chased the kitty in my foster home in a playful way, but I’m just too much dog for a cat. / I met a nice 10-year-old boy & a girl slightly younger at Mostly Mutts & did well with them, so kids around 10 (or slightly younger) in my new home could be fun, let’s meet!
• PERSONALITY/ENERGY LEVEL: I am a sweet, cuddly, playful, active & very friendly tail wagger who will give my paws to my people & do a happy little dance with them – so cute! I want to be with my people a lot & wouldn’t do well if you were gone all day for work. So, I will be my happiest in a home with a stay/work from home family member who wants to spend lots of time with their dog. I do have some anxiety & bark if left too much, so an apartment is not a good fit for me (I’m on some meds for anxiety, see below) / My energy level is 5-7+ & I like playing with my people.
• SKILLS/CRATE/POTTY: I’m very smart & a proud graduate of the Mostly Mutts University training program, & I’ve mastered the ‘sit’, ‘stay’, ‘down’, ‘come’, ‘drop it’, ‘leave it’ & ‘place’ commands. I also use proper door etiquette & have good leash manners as well as accept nice strangers without jumping. In my foster home, I need a little time to warm up to new people who come into the home & I keep an eye on my foster family in a sweet, protective way, but it helps me relax when I see them welcome the stranger. I ride well in the car too so you can take me places with you. / I do not like being in my crate & have barked for long periods of time when in a crate or behind a gate in my temp foster home, as I really just like being with my people. I have a special Gunner crate, which is very den like & secure that I stay in while my foster family leaves the house. I feel more secure in that crate & it’s a better fit for me than a regular one / I’m doing great with my potty manners & even use the doggy door to go outside when I need to potty!
• LIKES/DISLIKES: I love squeaky toys, balls, stuffed toys, Nyla bones & antlers. I love my daily walks & am a fantastic jogging or hiking buddy. My favorite place to hang out is next to my people, & I love all the cuddles that come my way / I was a bit hesitant initially towards men in a temp foster home, but my trainer was a man, & we did great together, so if you are a man, let’s meet to see if we are a good fit. I recently went to the lake with my foster family & did not like the water. I also didn’t like being restrained by the vet & I would not be happy if I didn’t get the attention & love on which I thrive.
• MEDICAL: I am on some anxiety medications for shelter anxiety. I may be able to be weaned off those now that I’m in a home. Time will tell. I’m current on vaccinations, micro-chipped & spayed.
I’m looking for a family to make me a cherished family member! My adoption fee is $299.00, & I’m in Kennesaw, Ga.
Ask About Betty Boop
- German Shepherd Dog