This is an inline carousel of images and or videos of this pet.
Andrew Labrador Retriever Mix Cincinnati, OH
- Black , Brown / Chocolate
- Coat length
- Vaccinations up to date, spayed / neutered.
- Good in a home with
- Other dogs, cats, children.
Andrew is very good with other dogs and enjoys the occasional day at doggy daycare, courtesy of our friends at Red Dog and The Pet Spot.
Upon his arrival at STAF, Andrew quickly found a family that was interested in adopting him. Over a weekend home visit he was quiet, didn’t have a single accident, and was a perfect gentle-dog with the resident kitties. While being their “ideal dog” in almost every way, they found that Andrew became very anxious when they left him home alone on day two ... and with 9-to-5 jobs starting the next day, they did not feel comfortable continuing the trial visit.
Since then, a special volunteer-friend has taken Andrew to her home for multi-day stays, and he's done fine while the humans of the house stepped out for errands. We don't know whether Andrew has relaxed into a more settled and confident dog ... if he takes comfort in the company of the family's resident dog ... or if he feels more secure due to the relationship he's had time to establish with the volunteer. We DO know that this sweet-as-sugar guy has soooo much love to offer! All he needs is another chance. He'd love a dog sibling to keep him company ... a family to join on long, leisurely walks ... and a flexible schedule (at least in the beginning) to help gradually build his trust that *this* family will never desert him.
Check out Andrew's television debut at Check out Andrew's television debut at https://www.fox19.com/video/2019/06/15/save-animals-foundation/. Everyone said that he was a 'natural':)
Notes from a volunteer's outing with Andrew: "He was friendly to everyone we passed. If dogs wanted to say hello he stood there calmly, and if they went by disinterested, he was fine with that too. Andrew loved hiking in the woods and was so easy - just walking along enjoying the fresh air. He would watch squirrels and chipmunks with interest - ears perking up, but never trying to chase them. This is one mellow fellow! On the way back to STAF Andrew jogged with me, again it was effortless without any pulling, and he has the most gorgeous prance when he jogs."
• All of our animals are spayed/neutered and current on shots.
• We do not do same-day adoptions; we ask that you return for a follow-up visit before taking an animal home.
• You must be 21 years or older to adopt from STAF.
• We require a 4-foot-tall physical fence for homes with children under the age of 11. We also may require a physical fence for specific dogs on a case-by-case basis, depending on each dog’s behavior and exercise needs.
• Invisible fences: Due in part to increasing coyote activity/incidents in the area and the difficulty of predicting how a dog will respond to invisible fence training, we cannot adopt to homes with invisible fences unless otherwise noted in a dog’s profile.
• We do request vet and personal references.
• We can facilitate adoptions within a 75-mile radius of our Cincinnati-based shelter.
Please visit www.STAF.org for visiting hours, a downloadable application, and additional information.
Ask About Andrew
- Labrador Retriever
Save the Animals Foundation
Have an account?