To continue to be the "Shelter From The Storm."
A safe haven for companion animals, providing food, medical care and human tenderness. To continue to enrich the lives of animals, families and communities through adoption services and education and by always taking a firm stand against animal cruelty.
In order to adopt a pet from the Forest County Humane Society you must:
* Be 18 years of age
* Own your own home, or if you rent, provide proof via your lease or from your landlord that you are able to have a pet in your home
* Provide either 1 veterinarian reference and 1 personal reference -or- if no veterinarian reference, provide 2 personal references
1. Fill out an application - available on this site, at forestcountyhumanesociety.org, or in-person at the office. Even if you are not sure you will be adopting, we recommend filling out the application and having it pre-approved!
2. Arrange to come and meet the pet you are interested in. We love to take the time to get to know you and help you find the perfect furry companion. You can call the office to make a personal appointment and this guarantees we will be available to spend the time you and your next pet.
3. After completion of an application, there is a minimum waiting period of 36 hours for your adoption application to be approved. This allows us time to verify your information and to call the provided references. This waiting period also provides you
time to be sure you are ready to give the animal a "fur-ever" home.