Red Waggin' Rescue is a foster-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that advocates for and rescues homeless and/or abandoned animals in Eastern Washington. We exist to save the lives of innocent dogs and cats whose only crime is being uncared for, unwanted, and alone.
Red Waggin' Rescue was founded in 2012 as a foster-based 501(c)(3) Non-Profit (EIN 45-5455943) that grew out of a need for Connell, WA which was without a proper animal shelter and no pet rescue services.
We rescue abandoned and injured dogs and cats and provide routine and emergency veterinary care. Training and socialization, shelter, quality food, and loving foster/adoptive homes are all a part of the care for every animal we rescue.
Red Waggin' Rescue does not receive grants or funding. We are 100% funded through adoption fees and donations from our community. Our volunteers, fosters and adopters are located across Washington State with the largest number in the Seattle area. We believe every dog and cat deserves a chance at a forever home, and we aim to make a difference in the lives of these deserving animals, one dog and cat at a time!
HOW OUR ADOPTION PROCESS WORKS:
1) PICK YOUR NEW DOG or CAT: Look through our available dogs and cats on our Petfinder.com page or our website RedWagginRescue.org.
2) APPLICATION: Fully complete the DOG or CAT Adoption/Foster Application form by clicking on the appropriate RED BUTTON at the top of the page on our website...RedWagginRescue.org.
3) PHOTOS: Email photos of your residence to ConnellPetRescue@gmail.com to complete the application process.
4) VETERINARIAN CHECK: We will contact your current or previous Vet for references.
5) MEET & GREET: If your application is approved, we will proceed with scheduling a Meet & Greet.
6) FINAL APPROVAL: If ALL agree that the animal and adopter are a good match, we will proceed with scheduling a home visit and you will sign the Adoption Contract and pay the Adoption Fee.
*Please allow up to a week for responses, as we are small rescue with part-time volunteers and do our best to answer as quickly as we can.
Dog/Puppy...$400 - $585
Cat/Kitten...$200 - $300
ALL OF OUR ADOPTION INCLUDE:
- Basic Vaccines
- Flea & Tick Medication
- Microchip & Registration
*7-day Money-Back Trial Period
If the dog or cat(s) is returned after the 7-day trial period, it must be brought back to our rescue and adoption fees are NOT refunded.
We are quite good at matching pets to homes and have a lower-than-average return rate. The national average is about 7% and for RWR it is closer to 3%.
**PLEASE NOTE: While we do our best to keep the site up to date as soon as an adoption is complete, we cannot guarantee that a pet will still be available for adoption if listed on our site.