Homes Fur Hounds Inc. was formed to help the overwhelming number of animals that are abandoned, surrendered to county agencies and simply unwanted. These animals are facing death due to no fault of their own other than not being convenient. Our mission is to help stop the unnecessary killing of animals. Thousands of animals are put to sleep (some more humanely than others) every day. We strive to educate the public on the importance of spaying, neutering, heartworm preventive and general health care. We also strive to help owners who are experiencing difficulties with their pet find solutions to their problems. By helping them find solutions we keep the animals out
1. Once you have identified the dog(s) you are interested in meeting, you must submit an Adoption Application. You can find the application at https://www.homesfurhounds.com/Application.html.
2. Be patient. We occasionally have a high volume of applications, especially on puppies.
3. If your application is approved you will be contacted to arrange a meet and greet with the dog(s) you are interested in meeting. Whenever we have more than one applicant who is approved, we set up the meet and greet in the order in which the applications were received.
4. We are a small rescue group and do require home checks. Therefore, we only adopt to VA, NC and MD. Exceptions are made for medically needy or seniors if no qualified applicant is located in our adoption area.
5. We do keep applications on file for 6 months, so even if you aren’t selected for a particular dog, if you see another dog of interest, let us know and we will consider your application at that time.
6. Please don’t be offended if you are not selected to adopt. We try to match the dog with the BEST home for them. Just because you weren’t selected for a specific dog does not mean you can’t apply for another one.
7. Our adoption fee is $300.00.