Main Content

No More Sad Eyes Rescue

Haymarket, VA

Our Mission

No More Sad Eyes Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dog rescue organization located in Northern VA. Our mission is to find permanent homes in the U.S. for dogs in South Korea where we bring most of the dogs for adoption.

Our rescue partners in South Korea work tirelessly to save dogs from various situations. Some dogs are rescued from dog meat farms, while others are found abandoned or in hoarding situations. Our primary partner works with Asan city shelter (which is a high-kill, overcrowded facility) in order to get these dogs medical attention and a safe place to rest. There they volunteer their time and resources to socialize the dogs with community walks, find them foster families, and finally forever homes.

Dogs that are at risk of euthanasia and/or haven't had luck finding fosters and adopters are our priority to be flown to the United States. Another priority for NMSER Rescue is to fly over dogs currently in foster homes in Korea so that another dog can take their place from the city shelter. It is a constant, moving process. After flights are scheduled the lucky pups spend time safely quarantined, are administered any last rounds of vaccinations needed at a vet visit, and then receive their health certificate prior to flying.

Next they fly to Dulles, VA where our adopters wait to pick up the dogs. 95% of the time, we find adopters in the U.S. before their flights and the rest 5%, they fly to NoVA and get placed in foster homes.

Adoption Policy

Our adoption Process..

1. Fill out the application below. We are interested to know how committed you are to the dog you are interested in. Please understand that we bring our dogs to someone who will give them up because they are not house broken/ trained. You have to be willing to train them and love them.

2. After receiving the application, one of us will contact you to schedule a home visit. We are interested to know where out dogs will play, sleep. Please note that our dogs, regardless of their sizes, are to be indoor dogs only.

3. Conduct Home Visit. We will discuss and answer any questions about our process. we do have post adoption requirement, which is getting updates of our dogs after his arrival.

This will be done at minimum of once a month basis for the first three months (or as often as you would like to show off), and every 3 month up to a year. This is a way that we monitor how the dog is adjusting with you and your family.

4. Dogs will be taken to the local vet for the final paperwork for the quarantine process.

5. Make travel arrangement.

6. Dogs arrive to Dulles International Airport. We expect you to be at the airport to receive your new family.

** We give 2 week trial before committing to an adoption for all our adoptions.

Recommended Pets

Recommended Pets