"Our mission is to protect and advocate for companion animals in need, and to build a humane community that promotes-compassion and seeks to strengthen the human-animal bond."
In order to ensure we are not failing the dogs we have made commitments to help, we do have a few Adoption Policies and Procedures. Our rescue is run solely by dedicated volunteers, we receive hundreds of applications- making sure we have strict requirements and your understanding helps the process run smoother so we can place dogs in loving, responsible homes.
1. All adoptions are conducted at the discretion of Ranger's Reach. No animal will be adopted out without being approved.
2. Fill out the Adoption Application- we will do background checks on every adult in the home, we will verify that you are indeed the homeowner if you say you own the home, we will contact the landlord, we do call vets, we Google your home, we Google your name, we call personal references. Should any contact not respond back or able to verify information, application is denied. This process may feel invasive, however we have made a commitment and it is something we do not take lightly. Applications must be completed in their entirety.
3. All current pets in home MUST be spayed/neutered, must be current on all age appropriate vaccines, including rabies. All pets must be current on heartworm and flea preventative, your vets office will need to verify this.
4. Adoptions require either an in-home visit or a virtual home visit. A fenced yard is generally a requirement, we do consider each dog and the lifestyle of the adopters in the decision process. We understand not everyone lives in homes with yards, each is on a case by case basis in what is best for the dog and it’s needs.
5. Adoption applications require a copy of your driver's license or state issued ID. These must be emailed to email@example.com No application will be processed before this has been received.
6. There may be multiple applications for the dog you are interested in. We process applications in the order they are received and driver's license /state id are received via email. Should the dog you are interested in be adopted, we will let you know. At that point if we have other similar dog’s without applications, we will let you know.
7. PLEASE NOTE: We take placing a dog in the right home the first time very seriously- Should the dog you choose not be the right fit for your home, lifestyle or situation, we will gladly recommend other options. While we do want to satisfy every applicant and thank you for looking to adopt, an application is not confirmation that you will receive the dog you applied for.
8. Please only apply for a dog if you are 100% ready now to adopt a dog now. We do not hold dogs for any reason.
Our adoption fees vary, according to species, size, age and other issues. Discounts apply in some cases. Our adoption fee covers deworming, heartworm tested (if over 6 months), started on heartworm preventative, flea/tick preventative, vaccinated for bordetella, dhppv, rabies (if age appropriate) and microchipped as well as spay/neuter at our pre approved vets. All puppies not altered due to age will undergo a foster to adopt contract until completed and an additional deposit of $100 will be required- deposit will be refunded upon completion of surgery.
We expect our dogs to be adopted by families who understand- these are rescue dogs, they will need time to decompress, routine and stability. We put our lives into saving these dogs- we expect their new families to be prepared for a lifetime commitment before applying- dogs are not recyclable.
OUT OF STATE ADOPTION:
A transportation fee of $350 is required in addition to the adoption fee . This fee covers the health certificate, required by the USDA, to travel as well as transportation cost.
Please be advised that our dogs are adopted to their forever families prior to being transported. Unfortunately, it is not possible to meet the dogs in person prior to adoption. We will Facetime, Zoom and you may speak with the dog foster family. We only send well behaved, well rounded dogs, sending anything other fails the dogs.
Please check your local Breed Guidelines before applying
We are 100% volunteer run. We try as hard as we can to get through applications as fast as possible.
WE ARE NOT A SHELTER, WE HAVE NO BRICK AND MORTAR LOCATION-- WE ARE AN ALL-VOLUNTEER RESCUE, ALL DOGS ARE IN PRIVATE FOSTER HOMES.
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/RangersReach
Our donation link is https://www.rangersreach.org/donate
We are strictly volunteer based, no salaries are paid and 100% of donations go towards rescuing dogs.