Love And Rescue’s goal is to get our four legged friends off the streets and into loving, forever homes. The success of our efforts rely on three main factors: love for animals, monetary support from Sponsors and Donors, and a loving Foster home where our rescue animals can heal. Our approach is simple:
We start by providing education on best practices for animal care.
Then, we help people get involved in a way that makes sense for them.
We’ve found that one of the most common limits to people choosing to Foster is lack of resources. We try to bridge that gap by bringing willing Fosters together with generous Sponsors willing to donate money toward supporting an animal in need. Love And Rescue takes pride in our adoption process. We set reasonable expectations for adopters and work together with other local shelters and rescue groups to ensure a perfect fit between the human(s) and animal(s).
All interested adopters must have/understand ALL of the following before being considered as a potential adopter. We take placing an animal's life in your hands very seriously and want to ensure we are doing the best thing for both the animal and for you.
- Valid Drivers License
- Be over the age of 23
- Renters must show proof or provide information to verify that the pet is allowed at the residence
- Be willing to have an in-person interview to go over expectations for both you and the animal
- Be willing to have a Love And Rescue volunteer do a home visit
- Dog Adoption Fee: $150 / Cat Adoption Fee: $75
All adopters must understand and agree that your pet is part of your family, and that it is important to keep them healthy. We do the best we can to ensure we match you with the perfect pet and ask that you ensure they are taken care of once they are in your care.
- Ensure your pet is on heart-worm preventive, flea/tick preventive, and go to annual check-ups.
- Microchip (and register your chip) and make sure your pet has a tag on at all times.
- Animals must be indoors for the majority of the time, especially during harsh weather conditions, cold or hot.
- Be patient with potty training, this can take some time and we will provide help and advice as necessary.
- Make sure your pet gets enough food, water, and exercise. Just like humans, they need all those things to thrive in their new home.
- Understand that this is a commitment that will require time and money.
- Must agree not to physically alter the animal; this would include: dock tail, debark, ear cropping, and de-claw and any other form of unnecessary physical alterations.
- NEVER surrender your pet to any other shelter or rescue organization, please contact Love And Rescue directly.