The adoption process at the Hill Country SPCA is a matchmaking process. We strive to match the best possible pet with the best possible home and family. Sometimes that means the animal you fall in love with online, may not be the perfect match to take home.
A typical adoption goes something like this…
1. Stop in and visit us at the Hill Country SPCA, or view our adoptable animals online
2. Find a dog or cat you are interested in.
3. Once you have decided on one of our pets, complete and submit an adoption application. It takes us approximately 24 hours to process each pet application. Pets do not go home the same day the application is submitted.
4. When the application has been processed, a staff member will call to let you know you have been approved, or contact you if additional information is required.
5. Upon approval, we will arrange a time when you are able to come to Hill Country SPCA.
6. Our staff will find space either inside or outside for you to spend some one-on-one time with your new potential companion, so you can get to know each other.
7. As long as it is a match you just need to complete final adoption paperwork, and take your new pet home.
***Please note, if you are not local we do recommend submitting an adoption application in advance or you will have to make the trip twice. No animals are released same day under any circumstances.