Happy Hearts Dog Rescue is a small foster-home based rescue in the Austin, TX area. We save dogs from high kill shelters across the state of Texas. A lot of the dogs we save are on death row. Our rescue truly believes that every dog deserves a happy home.
We have a 5 step, adoption process:
1. Email us to request an adoption application;
2. Fill out, sign and return your completed application to us via email;
3. We check your references and vet;
4. Once your application is approved, we setup a meet n greet and home check;
5. If all goes well and we approve you to adopt, you fill out sign and return a copy of our adoption agreement, along with paying the adoption fee.
Congratulations, you just adopted your new furry family member!
* We do require all dogs in the Adopter/Foster’s home to be up to date on vaccines, current on heartworm prevention, and must be fixed.
** You must provide proof of heartworm preventative being purchased within the past 6 months to one year. We will not adopt to a home that can not provide proof their dogs takes monthly heartworm prevention.
*** Young puppies that are not fully vaccinated must remain “paws off the ground” in public places (apartment complexes, dog parks, neighborhood walks) until 7 days after their final round of vaccines.