Happy Hearts Dog Rescue is a small foster-home based rescue in the Austin, TX area. We save dogs from high kill shelters across the state of Texas. A lot of the dogs we save are on death row. Our rescue truly believes that every dog deserves a happy home.
1. Adopters fill out an Adoption Application.
2. HHDR will review the Application, check your references and speak with your Vet.
NOTE: Adoption Application approval times vary, but we strive to approve applications with 72 hours.
3. Once your Application is approved, we’ll set up a meet ‘n’ greet and a home check (COVID-19 Update: Home checks are performed virtually).
4. If all goes well and your adoption is approved, we will send you an Adoption Agreement for your review.
5. You’ll sign and return a copy of the Adoption Agreement along with the adoption fees. Your Adoption Agreement will include a customized list of the any remaining vaccinations and spay/neuter needed along with the time table in which you are required to get them.
Once everything is in place, your new dog’s foster family will coordinate with you to get your new family member!
* We do require all dogs in the Adopter/Foster’s home to be up to date on vaccines, current on heartworm prevention, and must be fixed.
** You must provide proof of heartworm preventative being purchased within the past 6 months to one year. We will not adopt to a home that can not provide proof their dogs takes monthly heartworm prevention.
*** Young puppies that are not fully vaccinated must remain “paws off the ground” in public places (apartment complexes, dog parks, neighborhood walks) until 7 days after their final round of vaccines.