A Paw And A Prayer Rescue
The mission of a Paw and a Prayer Dog Rescue (APAAP) is to provide care and treatment for animals needing protection in the area served by our rescue; to seek and return lost animals to their owners; to seek suitable homes for animals without owners in accordance with established adoption policies; to seek to address the pet overpopulation crisis through mandatory spaying/neutering. While these pets are I our foster care network, they are provided with housing, food, vetting which includes vaccinations, health checkups; deworming, treatment for heartworm positive dogs, as well as other urgent care such as mange, upper respiratory infections, parvo and all dogs are spayed / neutered under our contract guidelines.
APAAP will work hard to find the proper match for each of our pets, to ensure that both the adopting family and the pet will be happy with the decision. All applicants must go through the APAAP adoption process, which is generally as follows:
1. Choose your new pet. View our adoptable animals in our animal gallery at https://apawandaprayer.com/adopt.php
2. Complete the Adoption Application online by clicking the PET PROFILE
3. We will then review your application and if appropriate, schedule a time for you to meet the pet(s) of interest.
4. If the meet and greet goes well, we may then schedule a home visit to complete the remainder of the adoption process. If you rent, we require a copy of your lease agreement and proof that your pet deposit has been paid. If you own, we do ask that you make sure through your HOA that there are no size/breed restrictions.
5. All members of the adoptive household must meet the pet. Adopter must provide vaccination records of all current resident pets.
6. APAAP`s policy requires that an adopter be at least 21 years of age, however, if you feel that you are a qualified adopter over the age of (18) then we will take into consideration in our adoption application and discuss with our review committee. The determination to approve will be made on criteria based on proof of your ability to provide all around proper care for the pet, including financially.
7. Complete the Adoption Agreement and supply requested adoption fee. As a dog 8 weeks of age or older, they will be up to date on vaccines, spayed or neutered and microchipped. APAAP Dog Rescue will charge an adoption fee for each dog. The fee is based on the current investment that APAAP has in the dog. The fee is Non-Refundable however APAAP is willing to the dog back if the adoption situation does not work out for the family.
8. A follow up communication with the adaptor may be needed to confirm the dog and adopted family are adjusting to the new life and to answer any questions. A home visit may also be
performed if there is a need to confirm a successful adoption or assist in any issues form the adoption.