Our mission is to provide all animals a loving, forever home. We work with owners and pets alike to make the world a better place for both. We are working hard to establish a veterinary fund to provide every animal with essential vet care including spay/neuter to lower the unwanted pet population.
In short, our application process consists of the following steps:
1. Fill out the online application. It does not bind you to adoption but gives us the information needed to ensure the right fit for your family.
2. References are required! Please fill them in - we check references prior to calling you and sometimes it takes a couple days to reach them. The more your provide, the more options we have to complete this step.
3. You must be willing to take time and communicate with us. Remember, adopting a pet is a lifelong commitment and we want the best for our rescue pets. This means we ask lots of questions and will tell you everything we know about the pet. This includes the good stuff, the naughty stuff -- all of it, because we want it to be a good match! We also want YOU to ask us questions and to express any of your concerns.
4. You must be willing to allow a home visit. We only want to see where the dog will be living -- we are not concerned with your pile of dirty laundy, but only wish to ensure a safe and good home for our rescue dogs. If you are from further away, we will arrange a volunteer or other rescue to perform the home visit. We do our very best to be flexible for you, but we are all volunteers as well and sometimes it make take a couple weeks to get a home visit scheduled.
5. Please understand that you will be required to sign a legally binding contract upon approval and taking home your new companion. The adoption donation fee is due at this time. Each donation fee is used to cover SOME of the expenses occured such as, spaying/neutering, vaccinations, heartworm testing, etc. Also, please understand that Sarah's Treasures Rescue will periodically check in to ensure everything is going well with your new pet and to ensure the adoption contract is being fulfilled.
Sarah's Treasures Rescue adoption process is often much more detailed than what people tend to think and therefore, we ask people to understand our main point of the process.
1) Everyone is required to go through the same process. We have no favorites -- everyone must fill out the application and have their references checked. We are truly searching for the perfect home for each and every pet that comes to our rescue.
2) We do not wish to irritate, frustrate, or anger you. Our process is detailed in order to find the best home for each and every pet -- we want them to find their permanent home -- meaning we will have lots and lots of questions. We have taken time to screen each and every pet and we know what they require and need to be happy in a home. Each and every pet takes that one special person/family to be 'the one' to love them forever.