The Animal Protection League of SC is a 501(c)(3) charitable, non-profit, no-kill, humane organization, founded in 1982 and recipient of the Secretary of State Angel Award for exemplary performance as a charitable organization. Our goal has been to provide a safe haven for the community’s abused and abandoned dogs and cats, and place them in permanent loving homes.
No pet in our facility is ever euthanized for being too old, or the wrong color, or not perfect, or because it has been here too long, or just to make room.
- No same-day adoptions.
- Written application required (aplsc.org/adoption-forms).
- Review process may take up to a week, all references, including veterinarian, will be checked.
- Meet-and-greet with all household members, including pets will be required.
- A home visit may be required.
- Adoption fees start at $150 for cats and kittens, and $250 for dogs and puppies.
- Shelter hours Monday - Saturday 10am - 3pm, or by appointment.
- RETURN POLICY: We will take back any pet you adopted from us, at any time (1 day, 1 week, 1 year, 10 years), without condition. All we request is time to arrange accommodations for the pet.
- REFUND POLICY: A pet returned within 14 days will get a 100% refund. No refund after 14 days.