Provide excellent care and humane treatment for all animals. Maintain a clean and healthy environment for both animals and people. Promote and provide healthy adoptions. Offer excellent customer service and humane education. Work with animal control to better serve Horry County.
The goal of the Horry County Animal Care Center is to find loving, permanent homes for the animals sheltered here. We believe pet adoption should be a lifetime commitment—a match made with great care.
We know that temporary housing in a shelter is not ideal for pets, but we also know it’s much harder on a pet to leave the shelter only to be returned because the adoption decision didn’t take into consideration all the important factors.
Please understand that we cannot guarantee the health of our animals or that the animal has had training or is housebroken. Our adoption fee includes spay/neuter, the first set of vaccinations, heartworm or feline leukemia testing, rabies vaccine and a microchip.
PLEASE NOTE: Many apartment complexes, home rentals, mobile home parks, condo associations and insurance companies place restrictions on the number, size and breed of pets that can live with you. Please take this into consideration before choosing a pet.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO READ & UNDERSTAND:
1) The Horry County Animal Care Center reserves the right to refuse any adoption in which it determines is not in the best interest of the pet. All adopters must be 18 years or older.
2) As the adopter, you accept the pet “as is” and assume all risks of ownership, including all financial obligations.
3) We strongly urge you to take your pet to a veterinarian for an exam within 14 days. While we strive to adopt out healthy animals, some diseases may not be apparent at the time of adoption. Establishing a relationship with your veterinarian is the best way to ensure proper care for your pet’s health and well being for many years to come.
4) Should you no longer be able to care for the adopted pet, you can return the pet to our facility.
5) The Horry County Animal Care Center will not refund an adoption fee.
6) In accordance with South Carolina Code of Law, all pets adopted from the Horry County Animal Care Center will be spayed or neutered. Failure to do so can result in a $200.00 fine and forfeiture of the pet until sterilization is complete.
7) In accordance with Horry County Code of Ordinances, all pets must be currently vaccinated with a rabies.
8) We hope that you have many happy years with your new pet.
day hours Monday 10:30 am - 5:00 pm (Closed for lunch daily 12:30 pm - 1 :30 pm) Tuesday 10:30 am - 5:00 pm (Closed for lunch daily 12:30 pm - 1 :30 pm) Wednesday 10:30 am - 5:00 pm (Closed for lunch daily 12:30 pm - 1 :30 pm) Thursday 10:30 am - 5:00 pm (Closed for lunch daily 12:30 pm - 1 :30 pm) Friday 10:30 am - 5:00 pm (Closed for lunch daily 12:30 pm - 1 :30 pm) Saturday 10:30 am - 1:00 pm Sunday CLOSED