As a non-profit shelter we are committed to the rescue, quality care, and adoption of companion animals into forever homes.
We will always support and share the valuable lessons of kindness, respect, and responsibility for animals and we will continue our efforts towards building humane communities.
Due to the high volume of emails, we are not able to guarantee that every email sent will be answered. Unless mentioned in the animal profile we will likely not have information on breed, house training, leash training and ultimate size the animal will reach. If you feel you are a good fit, email the adoption counselor for an application.
We do not adopt any bully breed/pit bull type dogs to those that rent as most returns of these breeds are due to the inability to find future housing.
Adoptions are NOT processed on a first-come, first-serve basis. We aim to provide our animals with the best possible match. Please allow time for our Adoption Board to review your completed application and the understanding that we receive an extremely high volume of applications and process them as quickly as we can. If approved, we will contact you to schedule an adoption appointment. Please note that we do not do same day adoptions.
In order to adopt a dog, puppy, cat, or kitten you must:
1. Complete an application.
2. We will need to meet everyone living at the home that will be caring for the adopted animal. We would ideally meet the entire family at one time.
3. You will need to show a copy of the following at the time of the meeting. Do Not Attach to Your Application, Bring in Person:
Proof of home ownership (a mortgage or property tax bill) or proof of landlord permission (rental agreement).
Veterinary records for current or most recent pet(s), including most recent vaccinations and proof of spaying/neutering.
4. If you have other canines at home we will need to schedule an appointment for them to come in to be safely introduced to the adoptable dog/puppy. We will only do this after your vet records have been checked. WE DO THIS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY AND ASK THAT YOU DO NOT BRING YOUR ANIMALS IN TO THE RESCUE WITHOUT HAVING SOMETHING SCHEDULED.
5. Dogs being adopted MUST be wearing a collar and be leashed. Please come to pick up your dog with an appropriately sized collar and leash.
6. Cats being adopted MUST be taken home in a secure cat carrier. Nothing cardboard is acceptable. Please come to pick up your cat with this carrier.
Thank you for your cooperation in following the above requirements! Our goal is to provide our adopters and animals with a secure environment, successful transition and a loving forever home.
day hours Monday Closed Tuesday Closed Wednesday 3 - 7 Thursday 12 - 2 Friday 12 - 2 Saturday 10 - 2 Sunday Closed