Willing Hearts Dal Rescue, Inc. www.whdr.org is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization. We are small group of volunteers who bonded through the internet because of their common love of the Dalmatian breed. It is our mission to rescue dals who have been abandoned, abused, and those in shelters facing death. We take dals into our homes and foster them while we evaluate them for temperament while teaching them to love and trust again, and give them all the medical care they need including spay and neuter.
We charge an adoption fee of $250, which does not begin to cover the costs we have incurred. If you are interested in adopting a dal from us, please go to our website www.whdr.org and there you will find an online application. Please be patient with us, as we all work full time jobs and try to get done what we can in our spare time. Transportation can be arranged through Willing Hearts volunteers.
Origins and Background
WHDR's Adoption Process
Interested in adopting one of our dogs? Here's what you need to do:
1. Complete and submit the adoption questionnaire found on our website, www.whdr.org
2. A WHDR volunteer will contact you regarding the Dal you are interested in or one that may be more suited to your lifestyle. The volunteer may also inform you of Dals available in a shelter near you.
3. The adoption committee will check your vet and personal references and set up a time for a home visit.
4. Finally, the volunteer will arrange the time and place (often your home or the foster home) for the adoption.
5. You will sign the WHDR Adoption Contract which stipulates that if anything ever happens in which the dog is no longer able to remain living with you, you will return the dog to Willing Hearts; not to a shelter, another family or have him/her euthanized.
6. We ask fo